The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT, Monaco white with red and black plus Carbon Pack
14 Posts
Has anyone had this issue on the newer sparco seats? I searched and only found one thread and it mentions clips Lotus came out with to resolve. Anyone had this done? View attachment 1317713
Yes! After owning for one year, I just noticed the same issue on my driver's seat. I haven't contacted the dealership (Glenview Luxury Imports) yet, but I will be for my next service appointment. Did you get an answer as to why it happens and what the fix is?

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT, Monaco white with red and black plus Carbon Pack
14 Posts
I think these are basically a lotus branded version of the Sparco spx seats. Very disappointing, particularly since they apparently make OEM seats for a series of other mostly Italian sports cars. I am wondering if this problem has something to do with the side airbags in the seat and the need for these to deploy?

My experience with their racing seats has been good but of course they don't recline and have a lot less padding and they don't have "bolsters" because the top and bottom sides are part of the seat bucket. And no airbags.
Thanks for the reply. I still have a year and a half of warranty left on my 2020 GT, so I'll get it fixed for free, I hope. I agree, it's disappointing for a $100k car. But then again, it's not a mechanical or performance issue which is good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts