The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
This issue is usually with the side bolsters on the bottom cushion- at least that was what happened with my 400.
I thought the GT seats were a different model from the Sparco parts bin. Its a bit disturbing that the problem has resurfaced this time with the back cushions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think these are basically a lotus branded version of the Sparco spx seats. Very disappointing, particularly since they apparently make OEM seats for a series of other mostly Italian sports cars. I am wondering if this problem has something to do with the side airbags in the seat and the need for these to deploy?

My experience with their racing seats has been good but of course they don't recline and have a lot less padding and they don't have "bolsters" because the top and bottom sides are part of the seat bucket. And no airbags.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Right, but imagine how pissed off you would be if the same thing happened with the seats Sparco makes for your Bugatti Veyron. Or perhaps you would have a Gordon Murray T50 on order so it wouldn't be so upsetting in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts