The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Lotus is planning to bring them over to some of the dealers on the left coast?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newport Beach

Hi - the Evoras are supposed to be at the Lotus Newport Beach showroom this Thursday evening, and then onto Cars and Coffee/Irvine Saturday morning. I am not sure if they are traveling to Northern California from there. I'm also not sure why this information seems to be such a closely-guarded secret? (My dealer has no info on this, and I could not find any on the Lotus website).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I just spoke with Vincent at Lotus of San Francisco. He indicated that the cars are not coming north. Pebble Beach in August is the nearest scheduled visit.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the tour viewings are a secondary perk to their primary mission, which is road testing / data collection for north american cars - at the moment, that means lots of hot highway miles...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi - the Evoras are supposed to be at the Lotus Newport Beach showroom this Thursday evening, and then onto Cars and Coffee/Irvine Saturday morning. I am not sure if they are traveling to Northern California from there. I'm also not sure why this information seems to be such a closely-guarded secret? (My dealer has no info on this, and I could not find any on the Lotus website).
It's not a secret, I've seen it posted somewhere here as to it's schedule meets. :shrug: Also, as ...m... pointed out, its primary focus is calibration and testing, stopping at dealers is just a bonus but definitely not its focus.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dammit, I'm not driving down to LA until Monday. :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Made the Drive

I drove down from the Bay Area to see the Evoras at the Cars and Coffee event in Irvine. A lot of very nice cars there (my favorites were the Porsche Carrera GT and a competition Porsche, not sure the model). Anyway, the Evoras are in fact much better looking in person (where have I heard this before), and yes, the black one was my favorite also. They were attracting a lot of attention.

My only concern is the non-power seats (keep the weight down!), but since I am not tall, seating position is a bit low for me.

Compared with the Cayman or Boxster S, the looks are in a different league altogether.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Does anyone in the bay area have one on order? When do they arrive to the public?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Last I heard, U.S. deliveries are about 1-year away--Spring of 2010, maybe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts