The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He will be racing other 2-Elevens, Elise & Exiges in the Elise Trophy Series in the UK:bow:

Ex Lotus F1 star Donnelly to race 2-Eleven
News
Latest News
Motors TV extend Elise Trophy coverage

Ex Lotus F1 star Donnelly to race 2-Eleven

Dr Feelgood confirmed for Lotus Celebration
All News
10 Mar 2008
Ex Lotus F1 driver Martin Donnelly will once again be racing a Lotus in the Elise Trophy in 2008. After successful outings in a class A Elise at Donington Park & Spa Francorchamps in 2007, this year he will be racing a class B 2-Eleven, and will be in action at the Lotus Celebration on 23-24 March.
Ulsterman Donnelly competed in British F3 and F3000 from 1986-89, alongside the likes of Jean Alesi, Johnny Herbert & Mark Blundell. He made his F1 debut with Arrows at the French GP in 1989, continuing with Lotus in 1990. A promising F1 career was cut short after a horrific crash at Jerez.
The Lotus 2-Eleven, powered by a supercharged Toyota engine, is Lotus' latest model and is designed purely for the track. Expect some fireworks towards the front of the grid with Donnelly at the wheel!
He also offers instruction, I think we should get him over here to give us a few pointers:clap::shift:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen you at the Kart Factory, P.O. -- you can take him!
One of my friends in the UK will be racing his 2-Eleven W2W with him in less than a fortnight:wave:

Good luck Gavin:clap:

Here he is being interviewed by the news totty after he won the race I was at last year:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^i hope someone gets the race on video, would love to see the 2eleven in action with an F1 star behind the wheel!
Here he is racing an Elise last year in the same series:clap:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2317938115334716379&hl=en-GB" flashvars=""> </embed>

He qualified on pole in class A:shift:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the other half of the race:wave:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7462677245615814231&hl=en-GB" flashvars=""> </embed>

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Donnelly put his 2-Eleven on pole today for tomorrows race:clap:

It was snowing today near the track I don't know if it was snowing during the qualifying :eek:

The race is at Brands Hatch.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of my friends in the UK will be racing his 2-Eleven W2W with him in less than a fortnight:wave:

Good luck Gavin:clap:

Here he is being interviewed by the news totty after he won the race I was at last year:clap:
Er... hate to say this my liege....
But I really don't think that was MD.
Looks more like someone who came fifth in a Jarno Trulli lookalike contest....
That is not MD it is my mate Gavin that is racing in the same series:wave:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it....

Will try to pay more attention.
I think you have been in America too long;)

You may have been Yankafied :eek:

Take a fortnights holiday in Great Yarmouth and call me in the morning rotfl:shift:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Particko, When are you going to be racing in the US Challenge Series?!
When my car gets here:wallbang:

I won't have it in time for April and I guess we are skipping May because of Mothers Day so I would guess June.:shift:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts