The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that when most Elise or Exige cars hit the salvage market they are given new clams or their existing clams are chopped in various ways for dedicated track use. Has anyone taken the Elige chassis and re-bodied it into something completely different?

Just wondering... Please humor me, I'm bored.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Why is everyone lately using the name Elige so loosely, let me humor you guys cause is bothering me a bit, the name Elige should only be used in such cases where members on here customize their Elise cars to look like an exige, get it Eli/ge, repeat after me Elige... if you're like me who does some other weird SH!T we call it Eli-WTF? and thank you for your support!! i hope this helps bro I promise I'll post a picture of my car as soon as I'm done, Have a nice day :D

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Why is everyone lately using the name Elige so loosely, let me humor you guys cause is bothering me a bit, the name Elige should only be used in such cases where members on here customize their Elise cars to look like an exige, get it Eli/ge, repeat after me Elige... if you're like me who does some other weird SH!T we call it Eli-WTF? and thank you for your support!! i hope this helps bro I promise I'll post a picture of my car as soon as I'm done, Have a nice day :D
I've noticed that too...seems its become an easy way of referring to things that apply to both models as well.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:facepalm
OK, I can see this is difficult for some.... For this example I'll rephrase it to "Elise or Exige"... You see, it's really just a contraction of the two titles used to save space and time, especially in thread title formation title (five letters and one space saved from our internet servers). The letters "El" are derived from Elise, while the letters "ige" are derived from the word Exige.

I didn't realize there were such strict guidelines for its usage... The next time I have forum grammatical/formatting questions I'll be sure to consult RENDERMAN first. :D

Wow, and I thought I was bored!... Cabin fever sucks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
uh yeah.. Ive always read "elige" to mean "elise or exige." For example someone would ask a question to elige owners because the question applies to both the exige and elise (since the cars are so similar) but not the evora, esprit, or any other model. I honestly don't think that the term would be so widely known if it only applied to elises with an exige body.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:facepalm
OK, I can see this is difficult for some.... For this example I'll rephrase it to "Elise or Exige"... You see, it's really just a contraction of the two titles used to save space and time, especially in thread title formation title (five letters and one space saved from our internet servers). The letters "El" are derived from Elise, while the letters "ige" are derived from the word Exige.

I didn't realize there were such strict guidelines for its usage... The next time I have forum grammatical/formatting questions I'll be sure to consult RENDERMAN first. :D

Wow, and I thought I was bored!... Cabin fever sucks.
Most of us get the use of the term Elige. I'm one of the few who owns a genuine Elige. Though mine would be more of an Exlise as the front end is off an Exige.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Just to get even more technical, the word Elige can ONLY be used to refer to an Elise that has had its rear clam replaced with one from an Exige, bit still retains its original front clam. If the Elise has its front clam replaced with that of an Exige, but retains its original rear clam, then it has to be referred to as an Exise. Any violation of this will result in your LT account being suspended. This is serious stuff.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to get even more technical, the word Elige can ONLY be used to refer to an Elise that has had its rear clam replaced with one from an Exige, bit still retains its original front clam. If the Elise has its front clam replaced with that of an Exige, but retains its original rear clam, then it has to be referred to as an Exise. Any violation of this will result in your LT account being suspended. This is serious stuff.
rotflrotflrotfl
Perfect!

Maybe that should be placed on a sticky...

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Soooo in the spirit of getting back to your original question, im guessing your not thinking along the lines of the Hennessey Venom, but more the way ppl take old Fieros and turn thm into totally dif things? Just curious. I Suppose anything is possible with enough cash right? :D. Nothing comes to mind but sounds like an interesting google search .... Now I have something to do tonight lol

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You meant something like these oldies but goodies?!

.....back to studying...
Most of those photos are just Exiges or Elises with a couple of new body panels and/or a ridiculous wing. Not talking about the Venom, and certainly not talking about that Lambo door... thing... with a couple of Elise headlights:crazyeyes.

Back to the OP, I'm just kind of surprised that some skilled person (unlike me) hasn't had some creative fun by re-making a salvaged Elise/Exige chassis into something cool without using the original clams in some fashion.

I think maybe the answer is just "no".:eek:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I think it would be tough to make a body that looks better on the short wheelbase chassis, that didn't cost a fortune. That one company is trying it with Evoras though.

Before the prices took an upswing, it was always my dream to pick up a wrecked Ferrari 308 and turn it into a Fiero replica.

·
Registered
831 Posts
There's always Perry's car. It's (still) for sale at some sad little strip mall dealer.

Seriously, isn't a 2-11 a rebodied Elise?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts