The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I know a lot of dealers have been royally flammed on this forum but since I lucked out with mine I thought to put in my two cents.

Pat Marsh over at DE in Palmsprings, CA area is the sales manager for Lotus and has been 100% upfront and helpful.

I am very very glad I switched from Silverstar to them and do know that they have received around 11 or 12 cars.

My car is scheduled for a tenative pick up a week from this Saturday.

FINALLY! It has been a long wait but am VERY glad it's almost here. Hopefully my sight unseen and undriven purchase works out as I expected.

Regardless, DE has been very cool and a pleasure to work with.

Thought you all should know as I am definitely one to flame if earned.

Jason

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
Cool! I'm glad you're about to get your car. It's GG, right?

Anyway, Pat and Austin have been very cool and honest with me also. I too, almost put down a deposit with Silver Star and Newport in Oct 2003, but I waited almost 6 months to place my deposit with DE in April 2004 and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep GG, LSS, Touring (red), Stage II but no hard top....

Can't wait, am absolutely drooling. When I get it I'll be sure to put up some picts of GG and Touring, haven't yet seen that combo on this site.

Yours should be here around Jan/Feb right Shay? Did you go with GG?

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
April, I think.

GG was my first choice, but I'm getting LB. Can I stop by to see your car after you pick it up? GG is one color I haven't yet seen which I am still interested in ordering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Jasonv44 said:
Hey All,

I know a lot of dealers have been royally flammed on this forum but since I lucked out with mine I thought to put in my two cents.

Pat Marsh over at DE in Palmsprings, CA area is the sales manager for Lotus and has been 100% upfront and helpful.

I am very very glad I switched from Silverstar to them and do know that they have received around 11 or 12 cars.

My car is scheduled for a tenative pick up a week from this Saturday.

FINALLY! It has been a long wait but am VERY glad it's almost here. Hopefully my sight unseen and undriven purchase works out as I expected.

Regardless, DE has been very cool and a pleasure to work with.

Thought you all should know as I am definitely one to flame if earned.

Jason
Congratulations! It's always nice to see good news about a dealer here, and as far as I'm concerned, it's extra nice when it's about DE. I can't say that I've always been happy with the news they've had to pass along (and I don't blame them at all) but Austin has always been straight with me and very responsive. I'm #20, so Real Soon Now, I hope.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure Shay, I'll let ya know when it comes in...tho since I don't YET have it I don't want to jinx myself!

I haven't seen any good picts of GG and Red Touring either nor have I head the Stage II...hope it's loud enough : ) LOL!

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
UPDATED 2/8/05

1) pianomaniac = delivered (ST)

2) sandsmuseum = delivered (ST) (was #1)

3) wildbillndesert = delivered (GG) (was #3)

4) eletourneau = delivered (AR?) (was #7)

5) II-soon = delivered 11/04 (BRG) (was #4)

6) tahoemark = delivered 12/04 (AR) (was #11)

7) jason44 = delivered 12/04 (GG) (was #13/14)

8) ground loop = delivered 12/04 (SY) (was #?)

9) andykeck = delivered 1/05 (SY) (was #20)

10) Final_advocate = #21 = ETA ?

11) [email protected] = #28 = ETA 2/04??

12) ChrisH = #33 = ETA 4/05!!

13) Little Bastard = delivered 2/05 (SY) (was #34)

14) shay2nak = #36 = ETA 5/05

15) physi = #? = ETA 6/05

16) amcmahon = #? = ETA ?

17) Crash = #54 = ETA 5/06?

anybody I left out? What number are you guys? what's estimated delivery?

·
Registered
302 Posts
shay2nak said:
UPDATED LIST

1) pianomaniac = delivered (ST)

2) sandsmuseum = delivered (ST) (was #1)

3) wildbillndesert = delivered (GG) (was #3)

4) eletourneau = delivered (AR?) (was #7)

5) II-soon = delivered (BRG) (was #4)

6) tahoemark = delivered (ST?) (was #11)

7) jason44 = soon (GG) (was #13/14)

8) andykeck = #20 = ETA 1/05

9) Final_advocate = #21 = ETA ?

10) ChrisH = #22 = ETA 4/05!!

11) shay2nak = #28 = ETA 3,4/05

12) [email protected] = #2? = ETA 12/04??

13) ground loop = #? = ETA ?

14) physi = #? = ETA 6/05

15) amcmahon = #? = ETA ?

16) Crash = #? = ETA ?
Hey there Shay. I was told my car would be about 18 months. I put down the deposit in September. My number is 54. I spoke to Jerry Lewis and he was honest about it. I appreciated the candor. However, he insisted the deposit was to hold a car for $5k over msrp. I told him we'll see how the market looks when it comes to ordering time. He agreed. We'll see what happens. I am on other lists for MSRP so I don't expect to have to pay extra.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Just got great news from Austin that my #20 car is on the water and will arrive in port on the 28th!

Shay, I tried to PM you but you're all full up.

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
andykeck said:
Just got great news from Austin that my #20 car is on the water and will arrive in port on the 28th!

Shay, I tried to PM you but you're all full up.
[lil' john]YEEEAAAH!![/lil' john] Awesome news!! So what do you think, you'll see your car at the end of January?

As far as the PMs, I didn't get an email saying my box is full. It happened once before, but I just deleted a gang of messages so I should be fine for a while.

Crash, thanks for posting your info. I've updated the list. Damn, 18 months! That's crazy! :p I've never met Jerry, actually I've never heard of him. He must be new?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts