The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some rumors, now know it's true. There's a new Lotus dealership coming to Branford, CT! We really need a good dealership in the state and from what I know of the dealer, he is committed to running a great operation, is enthusiastic about the brand and has solid experience as a car dealer.

More details to follow....just wanted to share what I know so far.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I had heard rumors, but wasnt sure where in CT it would be...was hoping it would be closer.:(

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Blah :( Call me when there's a new Fairfield county dealer
same here...I understand in some parts of the country people have to drive hours to get to their nearest dealer, but we are kind of a major market for a lot of brands...honestly I would not even consider buying an Evora without a closer dealer....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
YEAH!

YEAH!

Thanks for the note Dean!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow - I kinda thought there'd be slightly more excitement :shrug:

Located near New Haven it's fairly accessible to a large part of the state. From the NY line, it's only about an hour's drive (depending on traffic) something many of us did for service at HRM.

I'm told they are committed to providing excellent service, so hopefully will be worth the drive. I'll certainly post my experience when it happens.

Signs should be going up soon - I believe it will be called Premier Lotus. Located on Route 1, near Exit 54 off I-95.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Maybe we can butter them up and turn them into a motor sport oriented dealer. I miss the HRM days, the drives, the sense of community.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
^^^Now you're thinkin'.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For those of us in the western part of the state, we're better off going to Hudson Historics in Ossining, New York. It's a full-blown race shop that really does things right, with good customer service to boot. And I understand that they can even do warranty work.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
For those of us in the western part of the state, we're better off going to Hudson Historics in Ossining, New York. It's a full-blown race shop that really does things right, with good customer service to boot. And I understand that they can even do warranty work.
Hudson Historics is a great place..I would highly recommend them (and have in another thread)...but as far as I know they cant do warranty work, unless something has changed in the last month...I wish Lotus would authorize them to do so....

·
Registered
593 Posts
mmm I wonder if they will take over for watertown dealer. I noticed they only had one car left on the lot for sale. the other 2 i saw had sold stickers on them. It would suck to have to drive all the way to branford. Oh well my warranty is up in Dec anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been told that Hudson Historics can do warranty work on a case-by-case basis. They need to get authorization from Lotus to do the specific repair, but they take care of all that for the customer. This was a few months ago, so maybe something changed after that.

Since my car is now well out of warranty, it's a non-issue for me.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
if so, probably something Lotus would want to keep to a minimum, so I could see that it would not be widely known or publicized......

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have to once again put in a plug for Fairfield County Motorsports (I have no special relationship with them, just a customer). They are primarily a Porsche shop with lots of experience in building and preparing track cars (they did the Turbo that won the 1-Lap 5 times in a row), but they work on other performance cars also.

They have been doing all the maintenance and other work on my Elise for the last couple of years, including track preparation, and they have taken care of my other cars for 10 years. They are located next to the train station in Fairfield.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I For One am Cautiously Excited/ NY Service = Intermecanica

Branford is 20 minutes for me, so that is great. I am hopeful that it will be a reputable place and/or folks that I know.

I reckon no one can possibly match HRM's enthusiasm and customer support.

But unfortunately, Dave and Mark divorced. Mark carrys on the tradition, so do not forget about him (even if he is no longer a franchised dealer).

For service in western CT/Westchester (and even eastern CT for me )...Go see Waldir Zangiacomi at Intermecanica 511 Center Ave. Mamaroneck, NY 10543 914-381-3614
He was one of HRM's former great techs and he is all Lotus at his shop. He is meticulous; knowledgeable and honest.

No relationship; I just found myself in need of service like HRM; and Waldir has that focus and enthusiasm.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Is there a thread explaining what happened to HRM? I almost bought my car from them back in 2004, but between then and my recent purchase I gather they closed up shop? THey still have a website, are they no longer a Lotus dealer?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Branford is 20 minutes for me, so that is great. I am hopeful that it will be a reputable place and/or folks that I know.

For service in western CT/Westchester (and even eastern CT for me )...Go see Waldir Zangiacomi at Intermecanica 511 Center Ave. Mamaroneck, NY 10543 914-381-3614
He was one of HRM's former great techs and he is all Lotus at his shop. He is meticulous; knowledgeable and honest.

No relationship; I just found myself in need of service like HRM; and Waldir has that focus and enthusiasm.
+1 for Waldir. Extremely knowledgeable, trustworthy and hard-working. He knows Lotuses inside out and he's a motorsports guy. I've had him work on my DD car as well.

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Maybe its the ludicrous cost of running a business in Fairfield County that's keeping a dealership from opening. Besides, my Lotus has only made 2 ?3 brief visits to the dealership in 5 summers of ownership. Easy to get to if you've got a problem you can't DIY or are too sissy to change your own oil and filter.
I doubt Valenti will give up Lotus with a new model in the pipeline seen as he's been in the Lotus business for 20-25yrs! I still remember the red 1988 Esprit in the showroom !!!!!!!!!!! Sat in it and said someday I'll own one of these!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I doubt Valenti will give up Lotus with a new model in the pipeline seen as he's been in the Lotus business for 20-25yrs!
Unless LOA is taking it away from him for turning it into a poorly-attended to sideline and having a colossal f-up as a shop. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I doubt Valenti will give up Lotus with a new model in the pipeline seen as he's been in the Lotus business for 20-25yrs! I still remember the red 1988 Esprit in the showroom !!!!!!!!!!! Sat in it and said someday I'll own one of these!!!
Its probably still there !:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts