The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to the forum and to Lotus!! :) Just bought a new 11 Evora S in Solar Yellow. Getting it shipped from the west coast so should be here next week. I see the posts about Radium working on a CAI for the S. Has anyone changed the exhaust on their S and if so what is the best one? Any vids for sound?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
plenty of videos on youtube for evora exhausts.. The S's stock exhaust is dual-stage so if you swap it out you'll lose the sport-mode operated valve. It will be alot louder while the sport mode is off.

but I can imagine it wouldn't sound too different from exhaust upgrades on the NA.. look up evora exhaust on youtube for plenty of vids.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
gardus of supersprint was saying they were having trouble getting the S to run properly without the valved exhaust...so a normal aftermarket possibly wouldn't work. I think he mentioned they were looking into making a valved exhaust to compensate...

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
If its sound you want, I believe they are finally getting close with a CAI from radium. That may give you just what you want. Which dealership did you use in CT? OH and BTW, Welcome. I'm in Watertown.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its sound you want, I believe they are finally getting close with a CAI from radium. That may give you just what you want. Which dealership did you use in CT? OH and BTW, Welcome. I'm in Watertown.
Yea, I'm definitely getting the CAI from Radium when it's ready. I went to the Watertown dealership and they only had a grey S with the 18/19 rim combo. I really wanted the bigger wheels and a more vibrant color so I bought mine from Arizona. Anxiously waiting for it to arrive early next week!!

I thought the Valve might be an issue with the exhaust so I thought I'd ask if anyone had swapped their stock exhaust on an S yet. Hopefully more mods come out for the S in the near future.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
"S"'s are rare and they are very frustrated that this one hasn't moved yet. I, too, like color. Grey is the boring stealth color for Audis, Mercedes etc. BMW is Black. BORING!!! They got 3 more NA Persian Blues in the spring and they were the first to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"S"'s are rare and they are very frustrated that this one hasn't moved yet. I, too, like color. Grey is the boring stealth color for Audis, Mercedes etc. BMW is Black. BORING!!! They got 3 more NA Persian Blues in the spring and they were the first to go.
Yea they gave me a pretty aggressive price to move the car, but in the end I couldn't spend the money for a color I didn't want and to not have the bigger wheels. I heard someone ordered it and then backed out.

They have a really nice Orange NA there.

·
Illegal Alien
4,991 Posts
I thought the Valve might be an issue with the exhaust so I thought I'd ask if anyone had swapped their stock exhaust on an S yet. Hopefully more mods come out for the S in the near future.
I do have Stage I (II?) exhaust still sitting in a box. I was and am concerned about feedback from the value or lack thereof, I was thinking to just leave the solenoid in place to think and report that it is doing something.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Once I chased some grey/silver/whatever P-car for a few laps. Wanted to meet 'em so I went around the paddock looking for the "grey Porsche". That's when I realized almost all are grey or silver if of Teutonic origin :eek:

I'm still holding out that no S intake or exhaust options come down the pipes (pun) so that I won't be tempted.

And there really is an argument to be made that the stock S sound is "grown up", and gets pretty good if you get on it pretty good, in Sport mode. Even is a parking lot the tone in Sport isn't too terribly bad.

So please no one come up with a system that makes people turn their heads and say "Is that a Lotus?" when we start up!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I have the radium cold air intake installed on my S setup but I can't recommend it to anybody else yet. The ECU tune I have installed in my car is totally custom by Kold-Fire so I don't know if you do the same with the Stock S tune what will happen to your throttle response or air and fuel mixture because of incorrect reading of your airmass flow sensor. Check with phil he might be working on something already. I tell you that the first upgrade you should do Is his Kold-Fire 390 Upgrade. It will be the best $1300 you've ever spent. I don't think there is a single evora on the planet right now other than the GT cars and race cars that can keep up with my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts