The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some comments that the larini (with the valve) has packing which deteriorates with track use? any actual experience with that. I like the idea of an exhaust with valve to lower volume in the neighborhood but need once that will hold up to track use. Also the 2bular exhaust, who sells that now in the USA? thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
On 2bular, I believe it was Gator Motorsports that was the US distributor. Folks can correct me if I am wrong but I think they dropped Jim due to his lack of being able to provide the product in a timely manner. Others have waited months for their systems when even ordering direct. The pipes do look nice but my feeling and from Jim's comments on the board he really doesn't care much on supporting the US market.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Actually it was a lack of payment to Jim.....

The product is fabulous but order in the fall if you want it for spring. He is in HIGH demand across the pond.

My baffled setup is about as good as it gets. As good as the day i installed it 4++ years ago.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,102 Posts
@shinoo (Inokinetic) was working with 2bular. Not sure if he still does.

San
We can help you get a 2Bular but be prepared to wait. The quality is great but you will have to be patient.

What model Evora do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can help you get a 2Bular but be prepared to wait. The quality is great but you will have to be patient.

2012 evora S
looking for valved system (not headers) with 3rd cat delete
I daily it and also do
frequent track use but sound volume not an issue at any of my tracks so valved exhaust is good solution if it holds up to track use

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Jim was great to deal with but he doesn’t distribute directly.
He had some problems with the distributors he chose to work with some years back.
I had a system on order for literally 2 years... finally got it when he switched over to shinoo.

The system is phenomenal. If you get the valved system, its quiet in normal and crazy race car loud in sport.
Granted I had the whole header back system. But I actually got the mufflers before the headers and installed them first and it was still great.
Actually part of me preferred the lower rpm sound with the stock headers. But His headers make the car scream at 6k rpm. sounds unreal.
Quality is epic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dealt directly with Jim through his web site, and by telephone and email. He was a pleasure to deal with. I like the valved system on my 2013 S, which I use in rotation as a daily when there is no snow or salt on the road. The sound is a big improvement over the stock
system.

The timing of delivery seems to depend on what he is making when you order. Mine took maybe two months to arrive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info, that helps!
Jim was great to deal with but he doesn’t distribute directly.
He had some problems with the distributors he chose to work with some years back.
I had a system on order for literally 2 years... finally got it when he switched over to shinoo.

The system is phenomenal. If you get the valved system, its quiet in normal and crazy race car loud in sport.
Granted I had the whole header back system. But I actually got the mufflers before the headers and installed them first and it was still great.
Actually part of me preferred the lower rpm sound with the stock headers. But His headers make the car scream at 6k rpm. sounds unreal.
Quality is epic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shinoo, thanks for the response, I sent you a PM for further info,

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
The quality is worth the wait. I am a TOP fanboy. Please tell him John Gagne gave 2bular 2 thumbs up

·
Registered
228 Posts

Well that’s interesting I contacted you guys through your website and asked.........
Are you still selling 2Bular Exhaust?

And got this response............
Sorry, no we aren't.

We used to last year, but we had great difficulty getting our orders delivered in a timely way. It was taking over 6 months for delviery. Please contact them directly, as maybe they will deal direct and maybe they have it in stock or ready to ship.

Regards,
Stacy Mapleton
InoKinetic Group, LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Thus the reason I said if you want one for spring, order it now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 2011 Evora NA 2bular 63.5mm diameter non-valved exhaust system + De-cat pipe though Gator Motorsports in August 2015 and after verifying a few thinks like flange angles and rod hanger dimensions with Jim I received the exhaust October 2015. The quality and the sound is outstanding! I don't think Gator is a distributor any longer which is unfortunate because it truly is a fantastic exhaust. Personally I think quality is worth the wait, my exhaust is as good as the day I installed is almost exactly 4 years ago. My personal dealing with Jim were handled quickly and professionally so I had no issues and if I get another Evora (or any Lotus) I would just buy from him directly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
tubular have a very bad reputation over here for delivering anything on time or quickly ... tread very very carefully, and make sure you get a definitive delivery date.. of when it will be made... then take that add a few weeks / months and you might be realistic

·
Supporting Vendor
4,102 Posts
Well that’s interesting I contacted you guys through your website and asked.........
Are you still selling 2Bular Exhaust?

And got this response............
Sometimes the right hand and left hand are not always in sync. :D:facepalm

I like the quality of Jim's product. I've also taken lumps from unhappy clients who got sick of waiting. If you are serious and willing to wait, then we can order one for you. Call me to discuss.

·
Registered
45 Posts
plan at least 6 months if you order from Jim...
And be prepared to hear a various no. of reasons why he still did not finish your exhaust...
Always the same. He is a one man show and is looking for suppliers that can match his required level of quality..

I know several clients and to be honest, i think it is not worth.

In the US you have also quite a decend range of exhausts, but i understand that the grass on the other side of the ocean seems always to be more green :D

In my case i would like to go with a BOE QT-5 for the track but i am located in europe and the shipping will be high AF.
Actually i have a LArini CLub sport in my S2 Exige and it is really loud. Luckily no track gave me a black flag so far.
But it is only a matter of time ^^

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have 2bular on my Elise. Previous owner installed it 10+ years ago. I'm quite happy with it. I do still have the stock exhaust in the garage and I mounted it on the car for a west coast trip a few years back. So I've done street and track with both.

As to whether it will hold up to track use... how long do you expect? Mine was packed with fiberglass. A couple years ago, all the packing puked itself out the tailpipe on the track. I've since had it repacked with stainless steel wool. It's a few pounds heavier (but still much lighter than the stock exhaust). I was a bit surprised how much difficulty I had finding someone who would repack it. Previous owner did a lot of AutoX and by the time it came undone I'd done about 3 dozen track days and the car had something like 70k miles on it, mostly with the 2bular.

Exhaust coming unpacked starting about 0:45 and spanning 25 seconds or so:

From the following driver's (@LostPawn) viewpoint:

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
That is why for track use, Jim is the only one making baffled systems! Nothing to fail till a baffle gives up someday. I have going on 60 days on my exhaust and it is as new.
He sems to be able to optimise the exhaust to the motor as well as anyone out there and knows his numbers after multiple pre/post and post learn dynos. Example, on my S which he has done a lot of work on across the pond , be it in Evora S, Exige V6S etc they are 345 stock and with an intake and exhaust after they "learn" he always sees ~360. No reason to doubt him as I have yet to be in another S that feels as fast.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts