The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust install – In Maryland on Sunday 4/13

I ordered an Exige S stage 2 (some here would say stage 3) and it should be arrive by this weekend. Anyone in MD, DC, VA want to swing by and help me install it on Sunday in the afternoon?

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
What time? I can come down, rain or shine... just won't be in the Lotus if its raining/wet. Drop me a PM if you want to.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What time? I can come down, rain or shine... just won't be in the Lotus if its raining/wet. Drop me a PM if you want to.
I have a prior engagement in the morning so I was thinking about starting around 2:30 – 3.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
wait a tick, I just checked my calender, and 4/12 is Saturday... 4/12 is Sunday. You meant Sunday though, right?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you were around eastern TN I'd be happy to help. I love tinkering with my car and have things like the Exhaust down to a science. :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks like an eyeball on a stalk from an alien movie. Hmm. "The Chromies are coming! The Chromies are coming!" :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done!

We installed the Stage 2 in about 2 hours today. The hardest part was removing the original exhaust. The longest part was removing all the damn bolts on the underpanel and defuser. Many thanks to Grant (Scrumpot) and Rich (pugg57) for their help during the install. The exhaust sounds good and I can’t wait to get it out for a long drive so I can really hear it. We forgot to take pics during the install but were able to take a few shots afterwards. Pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Those shots look great. In fact, that would be a nearly ideal stable of Exige's to have as part of the 10 car garage. :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those shots look great. In fact, that would be a nearly ideal stable of Exige's to have as part of the 10 car garage. :)
If I only had a 10 car garage…. possibilities, possibilities…. :shift:

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I finally installed a Stage II (N/A) on my car over the past few days. combined work, only took about 1.5 hours including cutting the diffuser. it only took 10 minutes to take the old one off and 5 to put the new one on! crazy, after helping Needspeed, i figured mine was going to be a 5-6 hour event!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts