The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone around the Chicago area want to help with an exhaust install? Original plan was to just take it to fox valley. But I decided that I need to learn something. Aside from knowing how to open the doors, push the gas pedal and crash into stationary bridge pillars im completely ignorant on everything else about cars, so I figured now was the time to break the ice. I ordered the larini se with the euro grills. The wont ship till monday since I just ordered them. I should have them by Friday. So I am thinking of doing it Sat. (10th) or Sun. (11th)... Just let me know and I can give directions to where I am at or I can come to where your at.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention. I have zero tools so I might have to come to where your at.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be more than happy you help you install the Larini using my garage, tools, and lift, (just helped dasmoofler install his CF lip spoiler http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/my-new-cow-catcher-56073/) but I am in Racine, WI. If that isn't too far away for you, just send me a PM.

BTW: You are going to love the Larini. I have one--great sound without the drone! :up:
Thats fine with me. All that means is now I get a road trip as well :shift:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
you could at least offer to provide lunch or some beer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
90 Posts
Another Vote for the Larini

First time I saw the SE installed on another Elise, I loved the look. Driving behind the same car, the sound was so fantastic, I placed an order for the system immediately. Great burbles and pops, business jet-like sound on hard acceleration you will love. Sound is more mellow than some other exhausts IMO (stage 2, von Hep, etc.). In my experience, however (and that of one other), there will be somewhat of a drone between, say, 3500 and 4000 RPM. Exhaust sound is so fantastic that I never use the stereo!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
ItsThaMonsta - congrats on the new exhaust!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi

I just installed a 2bular on my 05.

The only challenge is removing the old system. If I was to do again I would remove the system from the header then separate the cat when off the car.

It is a PITA to separate the muffler from the cat pipe while mounted. My car only had 1000 miles and in no rain. It took many whacks to get it loose. Once we got a rythem of wiggle/whack it moved.

The other trick is the mounting of the rod that suspends the system on the drivers side needed to be loosended to pull mine out. This required removing the black valance panal.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:nanner2: :coolnana: :nanner: .... Works for me... quieter in the lower rpms. (I can actually hold a drink and cell phone and still hear now).... Just kidding.... But I can hear through my bluetooth headset within the lower rpms... And if I decide to get on the gas it gets much meaner than stock. So all in all im satisfied so far.

·
Registered
222 Posts
just be careful with the Larini supplied T-clamp.. its kinda wimpy.... better to use a torque wrench. the stock t-clamp is too big for the larini (just incase you were wondering!)

BUT you will love the exhaust.....sounds awsome

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW.... Dan is a great guy. He has a pretty elaborate setup in his garage. I cant thank him enough for the help and everything that I learned. :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts