The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to (again) swap the sport cat for the test pipe (decat) on the Elise.

Darn it can be hard to get them loose from the exhaust after all those cycles of cooling and corrosion and what all. Yet it's usually hard to keep them from rotating and separating too :confused:

Is there some sort of high temp antisieze "ointment" the can be placed in their interface to make the swapping outs easier yet keep them pretty much in place while blasting around on track getting it all as hot as possible for as long as possible?

Have cake and eat it too? Yin and Yang? Really wild GF that's loyal to you?

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are so wise and knowledgeable. Really.

Looks like nickle is the ticket. Perhaps [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-77124-Nickel-Anti-Seize-brush-top/dp/B0002UENJ2[/ame]

Next question. Is this widely used and just something I've never known about/figured out before?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Not widely used but used nonetheless. So are liquid Maloxx and Milk of Magnesia (at least on jet engine ejector bolts). I don't use any of them on my exhausts.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Oh, I have several 8oz bottles (different metals/compounds) I bought about 6-10 years ago. I think I've used about 1/2 of each and I slap that crap on everything imaginable (except exhaust components) such as the diffuser and under tray bolts every time I remove them, the back of my wheels where they meet the hubs, etc. They do sell smaller amounts and sell them at your local NAPA, Advanced, AutoZone, PepBoys, Kragen's, O'Reilly's, etc.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts