The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RegisteredUser of a Lotus
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i got a full header and downpipe 2bular header set up and ive been having some trouble! Id love to stick with the headers but realistically its a problem where Im at. My building is filled with older individuals that dont appreciate the loudness of the car as sweet as it sounds. Im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I plan on selling the 2bular setup after only using them for 1000 miles so if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I was told in a previous post that the camry manifold will fit so Im going to go ahead and buy the camry manifold but wanted to know if the downpipe will also fit from a camry? I imagine it doesnt and will require the lotus original part but just thought Id ask, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There must plenty of folk out there with redundant stock manifolds from header upgrades. Or who would love to do a swop from stock.
Not sure if there’s a difference between S1 and current version manifolds. Others I’m sure will chip in here.
2bular headers and cat delete shouldn’t really make the car much louder. Might be the muffler? Would be way easier than a header exchange and cheaper if you’re not doing the work yourself.
I’m currently considering a Varex muffler for the same peace keeping reasons.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
S1 and S2 OEM manifolds are the same, flange locations are the same between OEM and all shorty headers including 2bular thus downpipes fit. Only exception is long tube headers such as Lotus Motorsport GT4, BOE, Larini long tube and maybe 1 or two others. larini short,, 2bular and komo-tec were designed to sacrifice some performance in interests of bolting to stock exhaust

Reactions: etaent
1 - 5 of 5 Posts