The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly new to the Elise and looking for an exhaust I like. Im not a fan of how most 4 cyls sound and I sure dont want the bumble bees in a tin can sound like the ricers. For those familiar with Corsa I have a supercharged C5 Vette with one of their systems and yes I know the Elise will never sound like it does I want the same features, No drone at all a mild tone on normal acceleration and just screams under wide open throttle.
From what I have seen the top 2 companies seem to be Larini and 2bular and they both make a few different ones. Ive watched several vids on youtube and its hard to really get the feel for the tone from the vids.
Ideally I could just listen to some in person and pick one but not sure thats feasible.
Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love my 2bular on my SC.
Screams when hammered, no drone and quiet when cruising; can easily have a chat in the car even with the roof off at highway speed.
Delivery was good considering it had to go to the UK and then South Africa.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
2bular is the only way to go. I have the GT3 on my car now (8 inch) and it's pretty aggressive. Might want to go with the 10 inch version for more street driving.

Here are some video clips of my cars with 2bular exhausts.

This video has a few sections of what the exhaust sounds like at the track

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
I have the larini SE and love it. I will eventually decat it though. Here is one of my vids, sound isn't perfect, and it will always sound a little different in person.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I second the where in Ohio, I'm In the Cleveland area and don't know which exhaust I have, I know it's loud though :/

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part of Ohio? I'm in the Toledo area and have a Lariri Sport on my Elise. Tons of complements. Lots of people say it sounds like a big sport bike.

Somewhere in that link below there are two videos of my car.
Im located in Dover, few hrs from Toledo.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
BOE Silent Touch gives you quiet around town, then " I will eat you alive!", once your over 4k. Helps to have a decatted exhaust w/ REV400/ Nikasil block dialed up to 400whp.pushing it.:) Then it will eat your c-5. Alive. And sound great doing it. Phil eats those modified vettes and Porches all day at the track from what I hear. In his old beat up 414whp 2005 Elise. Set a track record in the modified class. I think he pisses off a lot of Vipers, Corvettes, & P cars.
You need to be careful if you are adding an s/c to your Elise though, because not all of the suggested/available exhausts listed are s/c compatible.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Larini 6" above diffuser exhaust. This thing screams! Women and children run for their lives....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the vids guys, after looking into it more I think 2bular is the best choice for me seems to have a softer more refined sound, the larini seems a little raspy to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts