The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am prepping for a BOE REV300 and am contemplating the best exhaust combo for the power upgrade for a 06 NA Exige with stock exhaust.

Here is what I am thinking:
1. DMC Ultimate header. It is said that this works with NA and SC. This is based on the BOE header shootout blog post.
2. CARB compliant catalyst. Needs to be CA road worthy
3. Larini SC through diffuser exhaust
4. Wide band O2 sensor and gauge

Any thoughts of what I should do differently? I searched the forums for this exact biuld path and didn’t find any results. Any feedback would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Your plan sounds good, the only thing I would change is the silencer, go with Boe silent touch, you will thank me later. ?
If you track your car with a cat In the exhaust system, you will burn it out eventually, same with the silencer, that why the ST is a good choice as it’s repackable.

Reactions: Gotham1

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Those superchargers are not CARB compliant as per BOE, but I've no idea if that matters to you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of that is necessary. Stock items will work fine.
Will I get a better performance increase in the tune that BOE provides given that they ask about the exhaust setup when ordering the tune?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your plan sounds good, the only thing I would change is the silencer, go with Boe silent touch, you will thank me later.
If you track your car with a cat In the exhaust system, you will burn it out eventually, same with the silencer, that why the ST is a good choice as it’s repackable.
The CARB cat is due to the car being street driven in CA. I will swap it for a track pipe at the track. A repackable muffler is a solid point.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
The CARB cat is due to the car being street driven in CA. I will swap it for a track pipe at the track. A repackable muffler is a solid point.

I sold a brand new Larini exhaust for the BWR Silent Touch. It's been a great exhaust.

San

·
Administrator
1,511 Posts
My '06 had REV 300 on it when I bought it as well as a host of other mods but adding PPE headers and ST-5 plus CAI netted not only HP but lost a ton of weight ditching the stock exhaust manifold and S muffler and picked up 38hp with Fastworks tune. I wish I borrowed the club scales during the swap to do a before and after but just lugging that muffler from one spot to another in the garage puts a grin on my face. Since you're in CA all of this might be moot unless you find the right inspector and combination of upgrade paths.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My '06 had REV 300 on it when I bought it as well as a host of other mods but adding PPE headers and ST-5 plus CAI netted not only HP but lost a ton of weight ditching the stock exhaust manifold and S muffler and picked up 38hp with Fastworks tune. I wish I borrowed the club scales during the swap to do a before and after but just lugging that muffler from one spot to another in the garage puts a grin on my face. Since you're in CA all of this might be moot unless you find the right inspector and combination of upgrade paths.
Based on this feedback the DMC Ultimate will bring at least as much gain in performance?

·
Administrator
1,511 Posts
It would bring you more HP but I was after the best bang for the buck since I'm not full time track rat. I look at overall stats for my spending $ vs what I want to accomplish.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I read somewhere that TurboPhil’s daily Elise with Rev 300 has stock exhaust except for the silencer, probably an ST. What he did do, was to port match the stock manifold, apparently that makes for a pretty good setup.

·
Administrator
1,511 Posts
PO built the engine for longevity after wiping a few cams and loosing a valve. New block with billet oil pump, sector 111 pan, Arias pistons along with Supertech valves and upgraded springs and keepers. Great all around package can't wait till virus lockdown is over and I can check out the recently installed V2 arms,ball joints, alignment and corner balance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PO built the engine for longevity after wiping a few cams and loosing a valve. New block with billet oil pump, sector 111 pan, Arias pistons along with Supertech valves and upgraded springs and keepers. Great all around package can't wait till virus lockdown is over and I can check out the recently installed V2 arms,ball joints, alignment and corner balance.
Nice build on the motor! I hear you on the money/power trade off.

I am finishing a complete suspension rebuild as well. Went with the Elise Parts arms with captive joints as opposed to the ball joint steering connections. Went with FRAP adjustable ball joints, not sure if it is a gimmick though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts