The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about removing the mufler and running straight pipes after the cat. Has anyone done this? I heard I will lose low end torque due to less back pressure. Does the straight through muffler add back preseure?

·
Registered
377 Posts
It will be too loud for the street, too loud for almost every track in the US, and it won't meet emissions standards. What will you gain?

Jerry

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It will be too loud for the street, too loud for almost every track in the US, and it won't meet emissions standards. What will you gain?

Jerry
Noise

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ran straight pipes with decat a little while back and yes you do lose low end torque. One of the first things I noticed when I got on throttle. If you look up one of my previous threads I have it for sale

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran straight pipes with decat a little while back and yes you do lose low end torque. One of the first things I noticed when I got on throttle. If you look up one of my previous threads I have it for sale
Do you think the torque loss was due to the decat pipe or the lack of muffler?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Do you think the torque loss was due to the decat pipe or the lack of muffler?

Probably both. If you build and tune an engine then you it doesn't matter how you do it. But taking a tuned engine and yanking exhaust off of it is dicey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts