The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone measured what they get up to? Mainly concerned with those running SCs, but curious about turbo as well.

Did a quick search but didn't see anything with data on actual temperatures or what stock engine exit temps were.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Dunno for sure, but hot enough to start grass fires.. :D Been there done that..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omgwtfbbq? :)

Just trying to plan on what coatings I need to aim for on headers and pipes.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
omgwtfbbq? :)

Just trying to plan on what coatings I need to aim for on headers and pipes.
Boosted2.0 has the stock headers coated after he ports them, you might PM him.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Ask the user Mark.R he has an EGT gauge (Exhaust Gas Temp) gauge in his turbo'd Exige.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Here's a PM i received from Mark.R a while ago when i asked him what his EGT readings are like:

"Looking at my last run file I was seeing 1504F/818C. That is at 95% throttle and full boost (10.5psi). That is about as hot as mine can get since that is at flat out throught 3rd and 4th gear."

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had mine coated at my local powder coaters. They used a high temp ceramic on the outside, and coated the insides with the same coating they use for piston tops and combustion chambers. Cost me $140

Jerry

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Just wanted to see what the top threshold was. Been wanting to try out jet-hot.com's product for a while now. I've heard a few people use it before and it cut down engine bay temps quite a bit. But then again most of those were twinturbo applications which has a bit more heat being generated.

Anyone with an EGT on a SC application yet? Or happen to know what the stock numbers are?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Dunno for sure, but hot enough to start grass fires.. :D Been there done that..
Chili which part of your exhaust lit the grass on fire? The tips coming out below the diffuser?

xtn

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Chili which part of your exhaust lit the grass on fire? The tips coming out below the diffuser?

xtn
I dunno for sure... I just know I went off track and after I came back on track the grass was on fire.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I've had a couple of incidents where my tires lit the asphalt on fire as I went through Ricochet, but that's about the limit of my experience with automotive related fire.

xtn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts