The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying this Elise but wondering why the exhaust are different on so many 2006?
Some are middle in the bottom-middle, some are just on the right and others like this picture are dual exiting either side of license plate.
2006 seems not to have that many options???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most of those are aftermarket. From what I understand the only stock one is a center exhaust exiting below the rear diffuser.

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1, there are really two flavors of aftermarket, through the diffuser or above. The stock exhaust was a dual pipe center exhaust through the diffuser. Other aftermarkets can be found at a variety of different vendors. My personal favorite is the sonic fury for both incredible sound on the 2nd cam and no-drone design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the quick response. I just bought this one and trying to sort out what is not stock. Thank you again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah nice! Did you fly out and check it out?
NO best I could do was videos and discussions on the phone. If you saw it live I am very interested in feedback?
I just really wanted 2006 or newer, throttle, seats and led. Also wanted that green. Looked at one in Indiana but it was a 2005.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
The dual exhaust was a European option. You can buy the exhaust grilles with the holes cut out from Lotus. I have same on my car (although I changed it to that). I like the look and sound much better.

Reactions: Noah773

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dual exhaust was a European option. You can buy the exhaust grilles with the holes cut out from Lotus. I have same on my car (although I changed it to that). I like the look and sound much better.
Thank you, I like the look a lot. Sound I have only heard on video but will hopefully see it live this weekend. Thanks again for response

·
Registered
72 Posts
Feel free to PM about the car if you'd like. I test drove this one and a number of others in the area before purchasing...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I’m in the Chicago area too and have a few stock exhausts laying around. You can have one if you want if you want to experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Another Chicagoland owner here. Glad to see a new member in our area. When this stay at home order is over, we all need to gather again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
NO best I could do was videos and discussions on the phone. If you saw it live I am very interested in feedback?
I just really wanted 2006 or newer, throttle, seats and led. Also wanted that green. Looked at one in Indiana but it was a 2005.
Congrats on the purchase. I'm a big fan of the LRG color also! GBMA4664.jpg GBMA2753.jpg IMG_2161.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the help, had my first weekend with new Elise and love this car already.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts