The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few people have recently asked if I could install exhaust systems for them...

...Yes, I can. Unfortunately, I am mega busy lately and I have traveling alot. Let me know if you guys would like to plan a day where everyone can meet at my house and we'll sit and crank out as many exhaust installs as humanly possible. I can walk you guys through the whole process and I can help you if you get stuck... or, if you are lazy, I will just do it for you and you can manage the song playlist and keep the Mountain Dew flowing (I don't enjoy beer, but feel free to bring your own).

You guys are welcome to work out of my toolbox as long as my tools don't grow legs and find their way into your pocket at the end of the day.:up:

I think Rich would be willing to help out too. He lives right down the street from me.

Let me know.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would be happy to lend a hand as well. Most of my off-season projects are done but I still need to flush the brake fluid. Easy task to do in the comfort of my own garage but if I can do it surrounded by other Lotus nerds then all the better. I'd be happy to share the power bleeder and expand the exhaust party to an exhaust / brake bleeding party as well if that works for you Pooter.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm in obviously!

I have my nice shiny new Larini SC sitting in a box in my office with about 4,000,187 packing peanuts.

I was shooting for Fri 4/4 (evening) or Sat 4/5 if that works (wife and kids are out of town so I can sneak away).

I'll bring some Mountain Dew, a diverse iPod playlist (although we'll only be listening to Ghost B.C.) and some much needed ADHD.

:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Depending on what date you guys pick count me in for some brake bleeding and to watch the exhaust swap process. Just have to psych myself up to tackle the pot holes. I'm working in Chicago every week in April after 4/5.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'd def try and wedge this into the schedule. I'm past-due for a brake flush as well and can share my Power Bleeder to any that need it.
jm

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i'm willing to show up & lend a hand if the roads are clean by then (since it would give me a reason to get out of the house)... i could even bring my jack helper if it would benefit anyone (wont work with difflow though)

& I dont need anything done, so if it gets too crowded ill just tell some terrible jokes instead

:shrug:

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,769 Posts
I would be interested (depending on the date) bleeding my brakes!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I have a lo profile jack, a jack helper and gobs if useless trivia!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'll leave it up to you guys to pick the date. I will make myself available any weekend except Easter weekend because I will be out of town for an 8 hour tattoo appointment.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Sat 4/5?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While you guys are busy with mufflers...

...I will be busy with this...

BOOM! Gotta have that boost! I won't let Darrin and Kim wipe the floor with me this year! rotfl

·
Registered
94 Posts
Busy putting volvo wheels on your elise or watching american dad?

Just kidding. That looks like a sweet turbo.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ rotfl

I used to have a Volvo 850. One of my favorite cars. Unfortunately, a drunk lady smashed it up and the only part I could salvage was the wheels. I made them into a coffee table.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'd love to drop by and take pictures. I need new tires, so I need to get my wheels off, but I have no idea how to lift the car properly.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
the 12th would be better given how different our weather has been just an hour or so north of you Chi guys

but I also wouldnt schedule around me since I wont be taking advantage of help, ill just be another set of hands if needed

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's raining today so washing all the salt off the roads and gonna be in the 60's on Sunday.

Yippee!

Christ, it's like trying to line up a drive with you jokers. Let's just pick a date and lock it down!

So, in follow up posts, give your date preferences...

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,769 Posts
It's raining today so washing all the salt off the roads and gonna be in the 60's on Sunday.

Yippee!

Christ, it's like trying to line up a drive with you jokers. Let's just pick a date and lock it down!

So, in follow up posts, give your date preferences...
I was excited to see the rain as it should be washing the salt off the roads up here. Except it isn't because they have put more down!!! :mad:

On my drive in to work this morning I had to use a decent amount of washer fluid to clean off the salt water off my windshield that was getting kicked up from other drivers... This place sucks! :(

1 - 20 of 102 Posts