The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate asking this question but cannot seem to find the details that I need. I am looking at a 2008 240 and a 2011 260 Final Edition. I can find lots of information about the 260 Sport (I did look at the Registry on that other forum) but it is out of my price range. Is there a place I can find the details about the differences in these cars?

Does the 260 FE have the accusump?
Was limited slip an option or standard on these two?

Thank you for any help.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
260 Final Editions did not have the Accusump. I am not certain about the LSD, but I believe that they did simply because Lotus only had LSD trannies left at the time.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
There isn't much difference between any 240 and a Final Edition. They are more alike than a Sport/Cup 260.

The brakes on 2010+ 240's and the 2011 Final Editions are one piece front rotors and standard brake lines. they have back windows, regular batteries, sensisoft finished interior, launch control, adjustable traction control. LSD was optional on 08-10 North American Exige 240's. The rear sub frame on 240s and Final Editions are the same as all other Elises and Exiges. No lightweight measures, carbon fiber or mechanical engagements other than an ECU tune is on the 240's or Final Editions.

Basically everything pointed out on the Comprehensive Exige 260 Registry as a feature is different than a 240 orEditions.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I believe the final edition has the rear subframe reinforcement as a one piece with the rear splitter rather than separately bolted to the subframe... Or maybe all 2011 exige has the same modification???

The FE engine is a simple reflash with same internals as the 240 and with thick ic pipes...

Bottom line... the FEs are fully optioned 240 with an engine reflash and forged rims

sent from cell phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts