The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exige S240 Launch Control Info

Original thread located here- http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/lotus-exige-s-240-fast-gear-change-63327/

I just purchased a new Lotus Exige S 240 and noticed that when I perform fast gear changes over high RPM's the clutch "slips" the gear change before locking in.

I was told by the dealer that the Exige S has a protection mechanism on the ECU computer to restrict the driver from performing hard gear changes releasing the clutch too fast.*

I would appreciate if anyone can let me know if this is *protection feature and were can I read more about it (it's not listed on the manual).*

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
protection for drivetrain

With the introduction of launch control their is a lets call it a flow restrictor in the clutch fluid line to keep the clutch from engaging too fast on a dead stop start ie Launch it is possible for you to notice some delay in engaugement if you are popiing the clutch during a fast shift Hope this helps you understand what you are experiencing

Mike Larson
Las Vegas Lotus

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
what I have experienced is when engine/tranny is cold the point of clutch in to shift is delayed as it doesn't engage as quickly. After at running temp it is fine. Sometimes the 2nd to 3rd is delayed but not as much as it gets more miles on the car. .

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Wow, Lotus is starting to do what BMW does to their manual cars. On a BMW they call the the CDV (Clutch Delay Valve), what it does is when the clutch is let out, hydraulic fluid is restricted. However when the clutch is disengaged there is no restriction. BMW claims with the CDV it allows the driver drive smoother.

On the BMW it was extremely easy to remove, just follow the clutch line and you will see an adapter all you have to do is remove that adapter. If you want take a pic of the clutch line leading to the slave cylinder i can tell you if there is anything of that nature if the design is similar to BMW.

Info on CDV: CDV
its part of their launch control system clutch dampener so if you dont have launch control you dont have one.

I haven't finished breakin so I havent fooled around with fast shifts just yet but I will let you guys know if I experience any abnormalities

1 - 5 of 5 Posts