The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 260 just after it was delivered. This was shot by Adrian Hill at St. Louis Motorsports - he has a whole collection of videos like this of many other cars on You Tube
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmJirWF4Lc[/m]

Here is car #3 just after the first owner, George Ciamillo, took delivery...
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Das3IIMDOaM[/m]
and this is car #3 on the track a few weeks later after George had a stage 3 exhaust installed...
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXGQUUF028[/m]

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of Theo's Laser Blue 260 at Nordschleife...
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFk_7p6X-zI[/m]
and another from Theo's point of view...
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RW_KaZE7H8[/m]

·
Super Moderator
712 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was thinking of bidding on it... but was not sure where I would stop...(or if I would) (You got it for a teeny bit more than I thought it would go for.) I was kinda thinking if I wanted to outlay that sorta money and an S240 popped up at the spec I wanted a few days before your auction ended and I decided to opt for that for less $...but less performance too.. (I did place a bid on yours @50K+)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ah yes, I recall your bidding and comments now! I think the S240 at ~$50k is a fine deal as well. The S260 may be more collectible, but the price premium may not be worth it to you. I doubt there is much of a significant difference in feel between the two cars.

Regardless, best not to think about what could have been and enjoy what you do have, and make the most of it! I hope to see some pictures of that S240 soon.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,458 Posts
Just remember the difference (power-wise) between a S220 to S260 is just the throttle body opening, so a flash is all that's needed. 260-300 hp to the wheels is possible on a SC Exige with the stock SC (with some upgraded parts and tune). I'm almost perfectly in between at 281rwhp. @Jack is at 300+ on the stock bits in his 211, but he has a really good tune and he's the exception, not the rule.

San

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
Just remember the difference (power-wise) between a S220 to S260 is just the throttle body opening, so a flash is all that's needed. 260-300 hp to the wheels is possible on a SC Exige with the stock SC (with some upgraded parts and tune). I'm almost perfectly in between at 281rwhp. @Jack is at 300+ on the stock bits in his 211, but he has a really good tune and he's the exception, not the rule.

San
And the 240/260 came with a slightly larger fuel pump.
I'm at 275whp on stock bits with Fastworks or Torque300 tune, IDK. Finally had a chance to dyno my car recently.
Wait, Jack's 211 is at 300WHP?!

·
7,458 Posts
And the 240/260 came with a slightly larger fuel pump.
I'm at 275whp on stock bits with Fastworks or Torque300 tune, IDK. Finally had a chance to dyno my car recently.
Wait, Jack's 211 is at 300WHP?!
According to Phil the only difference was the throttle body opening. I could look up the post but it's difficult with the new forum format. It seems that old posts don't avail themselves.

Jack's 211 makes the most power on the stock MP62 that I'm aware of. Around 320 rwhp if I recall correctly. @Jack

San

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
According to Phil the only difference was the throttle body opening. I could look up the post but it's difficult with the new forum format. It seems that old posts don't avail themselves.

Jack's 211 makes the most power on the stock MP62 that I'm aware of. Around 320 rwhp if I recall correctly. @Jack

San
I'm not sure how much of a performance advantage a larger fuel pump would give. IIRC Exige S is 160 and S240 and above is 190.

Ah, I see. I'm still on the stock pulley, but larger injectors, 525, IIRC.

·
7,458 Posts
I'm not sure how much of a performance advantage a larger fuel pump would give. IIRC Exige S is 160 and S240 and above is 190.

Ah, I see. I'm still on the stock pulley, but larger injectors, 525, IIRC.
I'm on the RLS IC, smaller pulley, injectors and Blade 300 flash.

San

·
Premium Member
4,676 Posts

San
No longer San....got tired of dealing with built motors and the inevitable. Now running a stock motor with track oriented FW tune, BOE larger injectors, BOE headers, 3.0" pulley, BOE intake and I?C along with upgraded transmission......dyno results were ~280RWHP and 180RWT

Back in 2014, my built 2zz with stage 3 cams, smaller pulley and the benefit of Phil's tune along with a host of other improvements got this dyno result......

RED Dragon-early 2014-Dave built.png

·
Premium Member
4,676 Posts
@Jack those are serious numbers, I can't imagine that power in a 2-11!!!!!!
It was FAST, but I'm now turning better lap times with a stock power plant.....I guess my driving has improved in the last 6 years. ;)

Power can make you lazy when dealing with the fun stuff on track..... pulling G's in the corners. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts