The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I have a lotus Exige S GT and
i am a reading the various forum about the different modifications on the Engines and also suspensions or others.

I leave in France but last week i was in California and as i was reading many post for Ronin 's car i decided to give him a call and maybe meet him !

Frank immediately invited me to his house !

I went there a few days later and we have talked about the specifications of his cars, the various modifications and after a few hours he offered me a ride in the canyon !!

We took the highway for a few miles at mid speed but i could already feel the
supercharger and smooth ECU. then we started the canyon road and Frank
pushed a little more in the mid range but quickly he went for full open throttle
and the power was simply madness !!! There is no words to describe the accelaration of this amazing car ! up to 8000 rpm the supercharger was screeming and my head could not understand what was happening !

Unbelievable experience ! the speed from a curve to the next one was over 100 MPH in third gear ! And during 20 minutes it was the same, curve after curve, no heat problem and the AFR in the car was always in the correct value. The engine and ECU are simply perfect !
Furthermore the setting of the coilover suspensions and the brakes are uprated for a full use of the power.
A lot of torque and power everywhere ! Even at low speed in forth gear the engine keep smooth from 2000 RMP till over 8000.

But i must also say that during the whole ride in the canyon Frank has always kept his side of the road and we never crossed the yellow line.

I knew the Exige S had a potential and Ronin is the very best example of a perfect upgrade !

Many thanks to Frank for this 'experience' in the canyon but also for all the informations and ideas he shared with me as well as on the various forum.

philippe

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Very nice!

I brought my dad out to a MDR run one weekend while he was in town. He was talking about the black Ronin car for a week or two afterwards. The car really stands out even in a nice size group of Lotus cars.

·
Registered
948 Posts
What is Ronin's setup ?

EXIGE S
GOTHAM
PRO ALLOY ?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ronin's setup, the best of the best. rebuild block, custom IC (not Lotus spec, but his own design), lots of stuff. You should search for posts prior of him getting banned, or go to Monkeytuner, his website after he got banned here.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Back on topic:

Truffier, I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy Ronin's car. Not all of us have had that opportunity :(. I :drool: when I think about his car and :drool::drool: when I see videos of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ronin is simply the most advanced tune i have seen on a Lotus by far !

When i read the various posts and rough comments from every one including Frank, i could not make up my own opinion, so it was important to meet the person and also his car ! It was a real experience to be in the canyon !!

The main surprise i had : The car is and work as described by his owner ! the solutions regarding very specific points such as the oil cooler on the rear or the chargecooler are real improvements.
The ECU is the master piece as it allows this engine to produce over 320 HP
in reliable conditions. Inside the car it is simply amazing how this engine pulls
all the time !

But also the coilover suspension and the engine mount are improvement to be used for all of our cars. (i will use some of them for my EXIGE S !!)

So without any consideration for the battles between Frank and others i wanted to share my experience and say what i have seen.

Frank has a great knowledge of cars (especially turbo) as far as we discussed, and can be a reliable source of information as far as his Lotus is a laboratory for many innovations.
And he is not selling any of his solutions , he simply gives them ! so even you
want to take them or reject them it is for free !

There is more to learn on his experience for all the owners of lotus without
consideration for the f...g sterile post exchanges or removal of post !

A good forum is a neutral place ! where everybody can feel free.
No bull**** , no advert, simply facts.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
A good forum is a neutral place ! where everybody can feel free.
No bull**** , no advert, simply facts.
Very true -I am glad you had the pleasure of getting a ride in the much talked about Roninmobile
It is abundantly clear that this site is not a place where all opinions are welcome and you cannot be "free".
Nobody should keep members from knowing about achievements of fellow owners - That only hurts the community as a whole and is why I don't post much here anymore. If you want to know more about Franks achievements you can find them at Moremonkey.com and Frank will be more than happy to share what works and what doesn't ! No BS!!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Very true -I am glad you had the pleasure of getting a ride in the much talked about Roninmobile
It is abundantly clear that this site is not a place where all opinions are welcome and you cannot be "free".
Nobody should keep members from knowing about achievements of fellow owners - That only hurts the community as a whole and is why I don't post much here anymore. If you want to know more about Franks achievements you can find them at Moremonkey.com and Frank will be more than happy to share what works and what doesn't ! No BS!!
enjoy!

bye bye

·
Registered
828 Posts
...there is B.S. but Frank has done a lot of testing, AND reporting. Due to the fact that he is not making a living doing it makes his opinions seem more valid...I guess.

At the same time it would be ignorant to say he knows what is best.

He is a pioneer.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
With all the current buz about superchargers and intercoolers and people wanting to know about what works and what doesn't, I believe all options should be available to be viewed and discussed and If there is a better setup than Franks I would like to see it! I think the new members should have that option as well instead of being told to "Search"

Veteran members here are alienating new members so keep up the good work and keep that search button warmed up!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Turbophils wild ride on the same road:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FeDr79P8PU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FeDr79P8PU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Turbophils wild ride on the same road:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FeDr79P8PU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FeDr79P8PU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
what road is that?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Turbophils ride part 2
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/udV_kpdnKRY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/udV_kpdnKRY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 - 20 of 30 Posts