The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got into an accident on sunday night. i was hit on the drivers side by an oncoming car , the impact was to the area between the back of the door and the snorkel. the fiberglass there was destroyed - on the door and a bit of the rear clam on that side. air scoop destroyed.

i took a good look at the exposed aluminum, everything looks 100% straight like there was no impact there at all.. so it appears to be superficial from what i can see..

there are lots of exposed tubes and hoses and whatnot around that area.. again from visual inspection the appear to be completely fine.

the thing is, the car will not start now. it cranks but wont start. is there anything over in that area that could have gotten smashed that accounts for this?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Probably the inertia switch. It is located in the engine compartment down below the coolant tank. Do a search here for "inertia switch" and/or check your manual (I think it shows the location in there). You just push the top to reset it.

Lotus Elise Maintenance, Resetting the Fuel Cutoff Switch

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
+1 for the inertia switch.

That sucks. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Probably the inertia switch. It is located in the engine compartment down below the coolant tank. Do a search here for "inertia switch" and/or check your manual (I think it shows the location in there). You just push the top to reset it.

Lotus Elise Maintenance, Resetting the Fuel Cutoff Switch
Good answer! Good answer!

If not that, you may also want to check the fuses back there by the ECU, too. I still suspect the inertia switch.

BTW, I assume you had it towed home or something? Otherwise, this would have manifested immediately after the accident.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep i had it towed all the way from fairfield connecticut to staten island.. duh...

it was the inertia switch. thanks again.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
glad you're ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts