·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige Solar Yellow
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Hood Asphalt Slope Automotive tire Snow

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

I blew a tire out on the freeway and the car was sitting in a discount tire parking lot. They stole the stereo but they also messed around with the passenger airbag. It looks like all that happened with the passenger airbag was that parts of it that were glued on were detached. Would this be able to be easily reattached with just being reglued?

·
Administrator
11,259 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like they knew where the alarm was!

That sucks. Sorry to see.
I know the alarm plug is in the little passenger cubby thing but when I was messing around with the car in the parking lot the alarm went off so I’m unsure if their disarming it was successful.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yea that would be amazing if they were able to unplug alarm. (being rushed) There is that big chunk of foam to remove and then a b!tch to get your hand in there without getting sliced! If they did, there is probably DNA evidence left ;)

I knew the metal was there and still cut the hell out of myself!

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Sorry this happened

Check to see if there were cameras at the store

I am not sure they knew what they were doing unless they were actually trying to steal the airbag

I think it is more than the clips I think the cover is still clipped on

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am proud of you for driving in that amount of snow, or in the forecast etc
The car had actually been sitting there for a few days while I was waiting for tires to be shipped in. I did almost crash my jetta a few times on the drive there though 😂

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry this happened

Check to see if there were cameras at the store

I am not sure they knew what they were doing unless they were actually trying to steal the airbag

I think it is more than the clips I think the cover is still clipped on
I’ll try to get a better look at it later. I have no clue what I’m looking at so maybe the clips were okay. They actually don’t have cameras at the store but there is a lowes kinda nearby that has them.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,500 Posts
I’ll try to get a better look at it later. I have no clue what I’m looking at so maybe the clips were okay. They actually don’t have cameras at the store but there is a lowes kinda nearby that has them.
The clips are sacrificial and one time use. Order the clips that @Catsailr27 suggested. You may also want to wait on reinstalling it if you ever had the idea of removing the dash to add sound deadening or try to stop some of the squeaks. Maybe you want to order 8 so you will have some for later. Shipping will probably be more than the clips themselves!
Sorry this happened to you. Really a shame.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Sorry to see this. I’ve been a victim of this myself with a different car. May I ask what kind of stereo you had in your car? I hope they didn’t just break in to steal the OEM one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The clips are sacrificial and one time use. Order the clips that @Catsailr27 suggested. You may also want to wait on reinstalling it if you ever had the idea of removing the dash to add sound deadening or try to stop some of the squeaks. Maybe you want to order 8 so you will have some for later. Shipping will probably be more than the clips themselves!
Sorry this happened to you. Really a shame.
Yep I just looked at the diagrams for the car and after looking at the pics the clips are definitely broken off so I’ll get new ones put in place. Hopefully replacing the radio isn’t too hard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to see this. I’ve been a victim of this myself with a different car. May I ask what kind of stereo you had in your car? I hope they didn’t just break in to steal the OEM one.
I believe it was the boss BCPA10RC. It would’ve been pretty funny though if they broken in to steal the oem one.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,500 Posts
Yep I just looked at the diagrams for the car and after looking at the pics the clips are definitely broken off so I’ll get new ones put in place. Hopefully replacing the radio isn’t too hard.
Luckily you have plenty of options. Did they cut the harness for the radio or do you still have the OEM (big) connector to plug into?

Reactions: Luke D
1 - 20 of 68 Posts