The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

After my little run in with the canine, I thought I could put the money for the oem chin spoiler to better use. I saw Prototype Composites work and met Mike when I was in Milwaukee a few weeks ago, so I wanted to have them make me a new carbon fiber chin spoiler without the middle cut out (I may regret that decision as soon as I start pulling in/out of steep driveways....) I also asked Mike if he could smooth out the bottom of the chin spoiler (instead of something like the oem half hollow design) that may allow air to flow underneath the front of the car a little smoother.

What I received was way beyond my expectations (and they certainly weren't low after seeing the S1 Exige...) :bow: What I have now is a smooth cf front chin spoiler and a kevlar-cf plate underneath. :clap:

Just thought I'd share some excellent work!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
OMG!:crazyeyes Perhaps the most awesome modification in my opinion. Absolutely stunning!:bow:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Very nice work...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll leave the price up to Mike just in case it took more than he originally quoted me. Just the chin spoiler is extremely competitive with other cf chin spoilers from a price standpoint and Prototype's quality is exceptional - not to mention, made in the USA. :up:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm not at the shop, so I couldn't quote it exactly, but the chin spoiler is $450 and the carbon fiber/Kevlar flat-bottom extension was something like $340. If I recall, Tom's bill was something like $840 with the shipping.

·
Registered
907 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,662 Posts
Too bad it will be scratched to hell at the next good drive way you come across.:(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not at the shop, so I couldn't quote it exactly, but the chin spoiler is $450 and the carbon fiber/Kevlar flat-bottom extension was something like $340. If I recall, Tom's bill was something like $840 with the shipping.
Yes, it was $450 for the chin spoiler and $321 for the cf-kevlar flat bottom plus shipping ($60 to NC)

Great work, Mike!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts