The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Narrowed color choice down to matte black or electric blue satin pearl. Which do you like for the Exige?

Attachments

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Narrowed color choice down to matte black or electric blue satin pearl. Which do you like for the Exige?

I like black but I'd stay away from matte black. More trouble than it's worth and I think it's already played out.

San

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
+1

any matte finish looks bad. Especially non-factory painted ones. They look like chalkboards on wheels.

just get the Phantom Black.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Solar Yellow with a lot of black accents looks killer!

Granted that is the wifes Elise...........

I still like black............

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm partial to Le Mans Blue, personally. With black accents of course. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nothing screams Exige like iconic Krypron Green.....ok, I admit I'm biased.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
The blue club racer looks incredible in person

What about Porsche Riviera Blue? With the orange accents ala the GT3 it would look awesome

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woa this thread has gone crazy haha! The only two choices are the two in the OP! No one likes that blue? I think it looks sweet. ;)

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,600 Posts
If I did not live in Knoxville TN I would have gone KG for certain. ( Orange is school color ) I think the bright colors make a huge difference with these cars. That Le Mans blue is ded sexy though !

No shame in the CO...

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Flat looks like it's been primed and they could not yet afford to paint it.

A similar blue I really like is Bugatti blue, or French blue (will add a pic when I get home)

image.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
I agree with others here that when it comes to color on these cars, bright is right. If deciding between the two in the original post, go blue. I'd stay away from satin or matte finishes though, it's a fad and it doesn't look very good in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I like to look at someone else's Matte Black, but I wouldn't own it.

I wouldn't own Krypton Green either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The exige looks particularly good in matte black in person. My car gets LOTS of positive attention -- even with other Exiges present. As an actual owner of a matte black car, the few people on the forum here who constantly bash matte black as impossible to maintain are out of line. Notice not one of them actually own a matte car -- they do not speak from experience -- I do. I recommend you reach out to other matte owners.

One warning I will give with matte -- don't expect the paint to last a lifetime. Since it has no clear, it will eventually fade. I bought my 2011 in matte, and it still looks brand new. Spending plenty of time in the car show scene, I've seen matte done right and done wrong. Done wrong does look terrible -- just like glossy paint done poorly. A maco paint job doesn't cut it. ;)

Go with what YOU like - you can't go wrong with any of the color choices you are considering.

-Scott

Ps - if you don't go matte, my vote is for krypton green. :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I think these cars look best in the skittles colors.

I find black just hides too many of the lines. I do, however, love the look of Matte Black with gloss black accents - stripes and wheels maybe. I do find matte black to be played out and too much Civic fartcan plastidip car thing. Just like a good band that got too popular - they took it and ruined it.

But if you are truly painting from scratch, why not:

Lambo Ithaca Verde:

Or the Exige V6 - Pearl White with black and red accents:

But, I think a wild car like an Elige would look INCREDIBLE in this finish - Rivieria Blue with Orange. Go orange on the mirrors, spoiler ends, side scoops, splitter and wing ends:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think everyone is partial to the color they bought ;)

For me, I highly prefer neutral colors, but I also felt like black (my favorite car color) covered up too many of the gorgeous lines on the car. When I just couldn't decide, I ran across my baby... great mix of being neutral, but bright enough to see the curves! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The exige looks particularly good in matte black in person. My car gets LOTS of positive attention -- even with other Exiges present.
I totally agree. While matte black may have had a large spike in popularity around 2009-2012, it is dying out a bit. I haven't seen a matte black car in quite a while.

Some cars don't look that good with matte black, especially ones that are plain and boring. With all the lines of the Exige though, with all the scoops and swoops I think it looks fantastic in matte black. Honestly, I think the front of the S2 Exige is a bit "busy" and the black helps tighten everything up. So that is probably the way I will be going. I really like the blue, but it may be a bit too polarizing for me as I like to keep a lower profile. Sorry guys, I am not a bright color kinda guy!

Here is the car how it looks now:

I forgot to mention that it's not a complete paint job, I'd be putting on a matte black wrap. So I could go back to Storm Titanium whenever. It also is a Sport 260 with all the carbon fiber and like all the Reverie aftermarket carbon fiber parts, so it will be a bit unique looking. Matte black/carbon fiber subtle contrast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts