The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be in the market for a 08+ Exige 240 S. My question is what colors did they come in? I am having a hard time figuring out which colors were on the Exige and what was brought to the United States...and how many. I am a HUGE fan of the glacier blue, powder blue, or polar blue. Would love to find an 08+ in one of those colors!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love that color! BUT it has to be an 08+ for the new dash, brakes, and full scoop...not that I am picky or anything :)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Love that color! BUT it has to be an 08+ for the new dash, brakes, and full scoop...not that I am picky or anything :)
+1 on the full scoop! Makes the car look a lot more aggressive imo.

That, and the AP Racing brakes were why I decided to go for a 2008.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
If you get a good deal on an 07, easy enough to put the full mohawk scoop on. I had an 07, got a carbon fiber full scoop roof and had it painted body color for a $1400 total investment. Canyon Red by the way, a stunning color, especially in sunlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just picked up a Laser Blue 08 240 about a month ago...at first I thought it may be a little "much" but it's definitely grown on me...now my favorite Exige color...

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
I liked the 2008 looks better but wanted krypton green. I found one with a full Mohawk and have the AP racing calipers in my garage ready to put on. Also upgraded to a flip key color matched to the car.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The 2008 S240s are pretty rare. Not as rare as the later S260s, but limited nonetheless. Reported numbers speculate about 100 or so in the U.S. There are only a handful for sale at any given time (I am not sure I have ever seen more than 2-3 for sale concurrently, and often there are none), so finding one in a very specific color (especially an uncommon one) will be very tough. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I wanted 07 because I did not want the added cost of AP brakes and did not want TPS. Polar blue is stunning in person as well.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
The 2008 S240s are pretty rare. Not as rare as the later S260s, but limited nonetheless. Reported numbers speculate about 100 or so in the U.S. There are only a handful for sale at any given time (I am not sure I have ever seen more than 2-3 for sale concurrently, and often there are none), so finding one in a very specific color (especially an uncommon one) will be very tough. Good luck with your search!
Agreed. The number ranges I've heard most often:

2006: 300 N/A
2007: 300 S220
2008: 150 S240, 25 S220 Club Racers
2009: 30 S260

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the feedback! I have an 06 Solar Yellow Elise at the moment and before that had a 1990 Esprit SE that i transformed into a late model V8. Needless to say I am a huge Lotus fan. Since I have an 06 Elise I really want the later dash as silly as that sounds. Not to mention the Exige body, seats, and super charger :) I realize finding an 08 240S will be hard which is why I have accepted the fact that I may spend a bit more and get an 09 or 2010 260. After owning the Elise for several years I want more power. I know I can super charge it, but honestly once you add in the brakes, seats (for harnesses), and super charger it is better to sell the Elise and buy an Exige! I am in no hurry, but am curious what colors the later Exiges came in. I heard the glacier blue (my favorite) didn't come to the US?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Embraer. That is extremely helpful. I don't know how I didn't come across this before with all of my Googling... Now that I have seen some of the colors I think Isotope and Chrome Orange may be in the lead!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Pretty sure Isotope is one of those very rare ones. If you do a search I think there will be a few threads with guys looking hard for either of the greens and being frustrated.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Persian Blue is the best color!! :)

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts