The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the posts on the new Exige, I think I am going to move my deposit for the Elise to the Exige. As far as I know, there is no official word on the Exige coming this way. However, I have no problem waiting another year to find out. Of course, it only makes sense to get the Exige if it is pushing close to 300hp. And I hope the price is about $60K. Otherwise, it would be a hard sell with the Z06 vette coming.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am going to take delivery of the Elise but have a deposit on the Exige. When the Exige shows up I will sell the Elise, it should still retain decent value and should not be hard to sell. Who knows maybe I'll keep both!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If the Elise drives like I expect then I'll place a deposit on the Exige and wait patiently. Then probably sell the Elise, but maybe have one of each. Who knows at this point but it can't hurt to place the deposit (it'll earn just about as much interest with the dealer as keeping it in the bank LOL).

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
this may be a stupid question, but... Do we know that if/when the S2 exige comes here it will be as a street legal car or just a track car - I assume if they have already made the required mods for the elise it is no big deal for them to make the exige street legal as well....

·
Registered
607 Posts
ivan1 said:
this may be a stupid question, but... Do we know that if/when the S2 exige comes here it will be as a street legal car or just a track car - I assume if they have already made the required mods for the elise it is no big deal for them to make the exige street legal as well....
Lotus might have to obtain another waiver for the S2 Exige for bumper and headlight requirements. It makes more sense to me that any new Fed Exige would be based on a post 2006 updated Elise, if that were the case.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm assuming that it would have the Elise mods to make it street legal - if not, then I won't want one here.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Fed S2 is street legal on the basis of a couple of exemptions for bumper and headlight specs that do not quite meet the 'letter of the law'. This waiver is good through 36 months of production, after which Lotus will have to get an extension or come up with a revised model that meets standards.

It would be nice if the S2 Exige will just be considered an optioned out Fed S2 Elise which will give it exemption under the Elise name.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I spoke to my dealer 2 weeks ago. I wanted to give him a deposite on the new Exige. He told me that Lotus told him NOT to accept any deposits on the Exige. So much I hear it is well over a year away from now.

No way would I give up my spot on the Elise for a car that is not even 100% official from Lotus USA.

I'll buy the Elise and if they bring and Exige to the US with a lot more HP than I will add that in my garage next to the Elise. That is about the only way I would do it;)

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Jon said:
After reading all the posts on the new Exige, I think I am going to move my deposit for the Elise to the Exige. As far as I know, there is no official word on the Exige coming this way. However, I have no problem waiting another year to find out. Of course, it only makes sense to get the Exige if it is pushing close to 300hp. And I hope the price is about $60K. Otherwise, it would be a hard sell with the Z06 vette coming.
Here's an idea, move you deposit over to the Exige and wait another year (if they decide to bring it here). Then when it's only a couple months away, switch you deposit to the M250 (or what ever they call the new version), then when that is a couple of months away form delivery, switch it over to the new Esprit.

That way you can enjoy the fun of being on a waiting list for even longer.

The Exige didn't sell well in Europe, the Elise did. I conclude the Elise is the better car for most people. The Exige is not a convertible... No fun in the sun. You can play the something is coming that's better game forever or you can just get your car and have fun driving it:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts