The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to put a deposit on an Exige at the Collection a few weeks ago, but they wouldn't take it. I just saw a post today, though, from someone who said they put down a deposit on one. I don't remember where though. :(

Has anyone asked their dealer about the Exige? Can we compile a list of dealerships that are taking deposits on the exige?

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I talked to my dealership about a month ago. They havn't taken a deposit or started an official list but I am promised #1 again as no-else had equired earlier. As this is just about the same as I did for my Elise, I am pretty happy.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I don't realistically see the exige coming with out more hp, I also wonder if it will come in under the elise exemptions, don't know about that. Don't think their'd be enough interest in the car to warrant putting it through the waiver process again. The original exiges were a hard sell, (I think 600-700)
CHris

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I don't think the Exige will qualify under the same waivers. I sure would prefer an Exige. Hopefully LCU will import some track only models.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
It is a little early to put a deposit down on a Exige, but from what I here the US will get an Exige. It's probably about a year from this summer. Again, this is just what I heard.
i hope so, cuz i'm hoping to be able to put a deposit down soon...hopefully. That NevB's ardent red 111R elise is looking good.

http://www.pbase.com/patfelstead/nevs_elise_111r

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Torch said:
Does anyone have any information on the Exige and how it differs from the Elise?
The Exige has the big FCUKOFF wing on the back:eek: Brit Humor:eek:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Torch said:
Does anyone have any information on the Exige and how it differs from the Elise?
Here are the specifications for the current version of the Exige ...

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3651

Here is a rumor as to what might be in the works for the Exige ...

http://www.puresportscar.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=4554

Ash said:
Guys,

UK Lotus fan calling....

I can tell you that Lotus are working in conjunction with Toyata to supercharge the engine. They are doing this in partnership as Toyota want a hot(ish) version of the Celica. What this means is that the whole engine and transmission will need to go through the whole type approval system you guys have in the US (i.e. for the Celica) - so the news from Lotus is that we won't see this for at least 12months. It's then likely to be installed in the Exige S2 first, but no news on if it will be dropped in Elise.

Power estimates are around 240bhp

To all you guys in the US are contemplating getting an Elise - don't - just do it. We've been lucky enough to have it for 7yrs over here in the UK. I had one of the original Mark 1 135 Sports, which was the best mark 1 to have, and have since run a v8 Esprit. Now waiting for my Exige to arrive!

Ash

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have a deposit on an Exige - #1 at Park Place - if it doesn't come no big deal. My deposit is only 1000 bucks. I can always transfer it to my down payment on my Elise.

It is 100% refundable and is performing better than some of my other investments lately...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Exige - that is old news....anyone have a deposit on the new esprit????:D

·
Registered
971 Posts
ivan1 said:
Exige - that is old news....anyone have a deposit on the new esprit????:D
I don't know if they are taking deposits, but Autostrada has started a list of people who want them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in europa, at least 3 months waiting after the deposit

but it can be 4

maybe 5...

hope not 6

because i cant handel 7 months without my dinky car....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts