The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a collection of Top/5th gear videos I recently uploaded. They are probably reposts however it never hurts to see them again in higher quality than jumpy frames on youtube. Enjoy

Top Gear - Exige vs Apache

Top Gear - Exige S

Fifth Gear - Exige S240

Fifth Gear - Exige 240R

Fifth Gear - Exige 265E

I picked up my ride same day as Mag did! Trouble power downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and rattling/squeaking noise here and there, other than that the ride is perfect so far. Taking the time to learn how to drive this little monster, migrating from S2000 I must say the transmission on Exige is a little sloppy. Power delivery is instant. Easy to pick up, definitely commute friendly.

I installed the Pioneer AVH5900 + backup camera + bluetooth Tel + iPod, the whole unit is quite heavy (I had lost some weight on my part to compensate), spent 2 days running too many wires (clean), no holes drilled, very satisfied with the setup (pictures later). The bluetooth is especially useful.

Anyone not familiar to Pioneer's New stereo units (tricky handbrake ground, on-off-on), running camera cable, no holes drilled solution you can pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have been lurking for a few days and am a fellow s2000 owner who is looking at selling and moving up to an Exige. Any other details you can provide as a difference between the 2? My s2k has an Inline Pro turbo kit (378 whp) :panic:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
ASPEN WHITE FTW

now get it to the racetrack! :clap:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been lurking for a few days and am a fellow s2000 owner who is looking at selling and moving up to an Exige. Any other details you can provide as a difference between the 2? My s2k has an Inline Pro turbo kit (378 whp) :panic:
Major difference being Exige is extremely light! like no others, the 240 model delivers early torque but since you have turbo kit on the S i would say power to weight ratio similar. I like driving position and intimacy the S gives you as you drive, Exige is in a totally different league. I remember one user on the forum says "driving other cars is a compromise". Best is you were to test drive an Exige to compare.
I have only put 800km on the Exige but I can assure you the car is loyal to your inputs, earns your trust.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up my ride same day as Mag did! Trouble power downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and rattling/squeaking noise here and there, other than that the ride is perfect so far.
I spent some time to find noise sources which do not belong to this car I think, at least I don't like rattling and squeaking noise. What I found so far:

* the rubber around the hardtop and/or softtop is squeaking in fast corners and on bad roads -> I got rid of this with a "glycerin pen" (hope you know what I mean, at least this is how it is called in germany)
* the plastic cover which holds the rear speakers behind the seats -> I've put it out and put foam rubber to any points where it hits the chassis
* the bracket which holds the softtop/hardtop on the rear side (see arrow in picture) -> I put it off (one screw) and put foam rubber to all locations where it hits the chassis (needs a lot of time to get the rubber everywhere but it's worth it)
* where the GRP is overlapping just next to the roof bracket (see arrow in picture) -> just put some foam rubber in between
* especially if you have a sports exhaust to reduce drone -> I've bought 4 rubber gaskets (which are used for faucets for example) with an inner diameter of 8mm and an outer diameter of 12mm and put it between the diffusor and the chassis and the washers and the diffuser (where the two big screws hold the diffusor)

* If you have a softtop: at both sides of the softtop you have a foam case which covers the mechanics below. It is just fixed with some plastic clips. the cover is rattling at both sides and the plastic clips are rattling inside -> I removed the foam cover from the softtop (be careful, the foam can brake if handled to brutal). Then I put foam rubber between the plastic clips and the foam of the cover. I put also foam rubber all around the metal case where the foam cover would hit the case.

* The foam which covers the roll-bar just above of your head behind the seats which is fixed with 5 plastic screws-> I removed it and surrounded it also with foam rubber

The only thing what I didn't find so far is a rattling at the dashboard when driving about 90-100mph. This comes frome somewhere above the left front speaker and below the windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts