The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new owner of a 2007 storm titanium lotus exige s, thank you to Jon at Exclusive Auto Imports in FL. With a little persuasion I convinced Jon that I was buying the car. He had been through a few potential buyers that backed out and was a bit skeptical to my motives, even after a deposit. But after reassuring him this was the car for me, we continued with paper work and financing.
Jon complied with all my requests from more pics of the car to height measurements so I could make sure it would clear the ramps on my lift without scraping. Jon took care of shipping as part of buying the car which was great as I wasn’t going to drive this one from FL to CT (1400 miles and 24 hours). I think if I sat in the car for that long I might not be able to sit anymore. A 7 hour trip from Maryland in a friend’s lotus was long enough; my ass was numb from that.
The truck driver (Dirc) who transported my car was great. Updated me on his location and let me know when he would arrive. He asked me if there was enough space to unload the car on my road. I told him there was an 18 wheeler on my road when they delivered my lift; so he should fit. He informed me that his rig and trailer were a bit longer than a regular 18 wheeler so he ended up unloading the car on the road off mine. Only 200 feet away, worked perfectly. You think this car attracts attention try having a huge yellow tractor trailer parked on the side of the road that read Exotic car transport. Every car that drove by nearly crashed looking at what was getting unloaded.
Pics of the car being loaded and a video an pics of it being unloaded at its new home.

Loading up in FL

Video of arrival

Pics of arrival

Finally nice a cozzy in its new home

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tom, my utmost congrats to you. +1 one to you man, you said you would get one and 3 weeks later an Exige shows up.

Welcome to the family my friend. Very cool to see us both move from E36 M3's right into these. Glad we could keep the fun trend going. Can't wait for mod day part two w/ harnesses! I will certainly bring the camera gear for some fun.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
awesome car mang, congrats!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom, my utmost congrats to you. +1 one to you man, you said you would get one and 3 weeks later an Exige shows up.

Welcome to the family my friend. Very cool to see us both move from E36 M3's right into these. Glad we could keep the fun trend going. Can't wait for mod day part two w/ harnesses! I will certainly bring the camera gear for some fun.
Thanks
Definitly. Couldn't leave ya out there on your own ;) and let you have all the fun ;)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
awesome car, awesome pics!!! Enjoy the car :shift:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to getting out to some meets and meeting everyone. anyone in CT around hartford area?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats on your new awsome car. I have a 2006 elise and yes I am in ct I'm from the western side torrington area. I am also looking for other ct drivers around. There is one other that I know of his name on here is backpain. I autocross with CART and FSCCC if your interested in doing anything like that I was there this past sunday in the rain, these cars don't go fast in the rain but its fun to drift around effortlessly. Also there is a non formal weekly exotic show with ferrari's porche's and us at the star bucks in Rocky Hill right off 91 I went a few weeks ago great bunch of guys just hangin out. I try to get there when the weather is ggod and I'm not autocrossing. Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on your new awsome car. I have a 2006 elise and yes I am in ct I'm from the western side torrington area. I am also looking for other ct drivers around. There is one other that I know of his name on here is backpain. I autocross with CART and FSCCC if your interested in doing anything like that I was there this past sunday in the rain, these cars don't go fast in the rain but its fun to drift around effortlessly. Also there is a non formal weekly exotic show with ferrari's porche's and us at the star bucks in Rocky Hill right off 91 I went a few weeks ago great bunch of guys just hangin out. I try to get there when the weather is ggod and I'm not autocrossing. Hope to see you around.
Cool I am up for some autocross. Heard the parking lots are better now. Had stayed away for a couple of years as the old lot was a beast on cars.
What day and time do they do the weekly exotic show in rocky hill. I'm in Farmington so its not far. Yea if its nice out I will take the ride.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I am a new owner of a 2007 storm titanium lotus exige s, thank you to Jon at Exclusive Auto Imports in FL. With a little persuasion I convinced Jon that I was buying the car. ]
You're lucky. Out here in Southern CA, we have really weird sales people, they acutually try to persuade you to buy the car. Can you believe it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice to have another CT neighbor. Sweet looking color.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awesome!!! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and I hope you enjoy the car!! Thank you for the kind words and if I can every do anything for you in the future, please dont hesitate to call me. Take care tom and be safe! I still get calls regarding this car!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Awww, it's beautiful...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Beautiful car hope all goes well. I live 20 min. east of hartford and would be interested in the autocross after break in on my car. Just picked up 3 weeks ago, new 07 exige s solar yellow. These cars are a blast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts