The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Do we know why they changed the vents? Looks or do the exige vent gills serve a different purpose?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently to allow more air to circulate around the engine under heavy track/race conditions.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Anton,

Nice pics of the Exige. My friend John is going this week to the show. That is the Exige that was on the ship with your car, and the 4 other Elises. My friend John has the black 111R that came over with your car in our shop in Melbourne. Just ask Bobby, it was one Exige ( the Melbourne show car) plus your yellow car, the black car, and 3 other Elise's. They all came over in one shot back in January.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah they can fit 3 cars in each 40 foot container. The Exige didn't make the shipment on the boat as originally intended as it wasn't ready so they had to fly it out the week before the show - cost about $15,000 and they weren't even allowed to have the covers off it until it was unveiled in Geneva!!!

John had a sports exhaust on his about 2 days after he had it!!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ACP said:
Yeah they can fit 3 cars in each 40 foot container. The Exige didn't make the shipment on the boat as originally intended as it wasn't ready so they had to fly it out the week before the show - cost about $15,000 and they weren't even allowed to have the covers off it until it was unveiled in Geneva!!!

John had a sports exhaust on his about 2 days after he had it!!!
Anton,

I am afraid your info is wrong. That chrome orange Exige at the Melbourne show was shipped in with Your Yellow car and John's black car. Ask Bobby this weekend. Trust me it was NOT flown in.
Yes John already has a sport exhaust and intake on the black car now. Give him a buzz he would love to chat with you or just stop by the shop while in Melbourne. The Black 111R is in the shop now with the sport exhaust and intake kit. I hear it screams!!!!

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mitch,

You're gonna have to trust me on this one as I've just come back from seeing the Lotus guys in Melbourne and they did tell me that it was flown in the week before last - that's why I said it. In my shipment were all Elises 6 in three 40 foot containers - 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 silver, 1 red and 1 British racing green.

I spoke to John last week - really nice guy and seems to know his stuff!

I am going to get a sports exhaust so he's the likely man.

Thanks,

ACP

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Can someone downunder check the tire and wheel sizes on those Exige wheels?
We really need to know if they're the same size & offset as the Sportpak wheels. :)
Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ACP said:
Mitch,

You're gonna have to trust me on this one as I've just come back from seeing the Lotus guys in Melbourne and they did tell me that it was flown in the week before last - that's why I said it. In my shipment were all Elises 6 in three 40 foot containers - 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 silver, 1 red and 1 British racing green.

I spoke to John last week - really nice guy and seems to know his stuff!

I am going to get a sports exhaust so he's the likely man.

Thanks,

ACP
Anton,

Ok, I hear you. Back in January when John picked up the Black car he told me it arrived on a ship with 5 other 111R's and a Chrome Orange Exige which was the Melbourne show car. I don't know why he would tell me this after all John has worked for Lotus Cars Australia since 1987 and really knows all the people involved even at the port!!!!

Anyway the shop is in Tullamarine, Victoria. About a 5min. car ride from the airport. If you are going to the F1 GP, stop by the shop, he would be more than happy to show or give you a ride in the black 111R with intake and sport exhaust. He tells me it's just awesome!!!

Best Wishes for a fun weekend,
Mitch

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Mitch - only reason I found out is because Bobby told me he wasn't happy about paying for it to be flown out - bloody cool car though.

Really keen to catch up with John. Will give him a call now.

Thanks,

ACP

PS. I'll have a beer or 10 for you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Robert,

Yes the wheels are the same size and offset as the US car sportspak wheel seen in LA.

The sportspak wheel will be offered as an option on the Exige at extra cost. The US sportspak wheels are the top of the range Lotus wheel now. The wheels pictured on the Exige are the standard wheels.

ACP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts