The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plan was to order a hard top w/ my car. But man the top on the exige really looks cool w that scoop on top. Is that top something we can get, as i dont want to order the exige top later after i already bought the regular hard top?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I think he is applying for the new Lotus Admin job:)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Gerry,

If you like the Exige so much wait till next summer and you will be able to buy one from a Lotus dealer. It should even have more power than the current Elise.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
But do we know if it will be street legal or track-only????

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I contacted Mark a while back, and although he told me they were not ready for the second batch of orders yet, he was happy to take my info if I knew what I wanted, in order to expedite things. I haven't spoke to him since, but I haven't heard anyone say that Lotus had asked for the second batch yet:(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Gerry,
YOu'd also have to do something with a rear window for roof scoop to look right as exige is a fast back.

Mitch,
I love an optimist!!!!!:D
Chris

hermanslotus said:
Gerry,

If you like the Exige so much wait till next summer and you will be able to buy one from a Lotus dealer. It should even have more power than the current Elise.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I'll bet if you decide not to get it you could always sell your spot:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the Exige in 2005 a for sure thing? I could wait if I know I only have another one and a half years to wait. Hell, whats another 1-2 years when you have already waited this long.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
NO way is it a sure thing. For one thing, I don't see them bringing it over here unless it's got more hp than the US elise. Don't really understand them selling the elise and exige with same motors in UK. As it stands the new exige is merely a hardtop elise more/less, and at a higher price.

Also, I question whether or not it could come in under the same waivers the Elise has gotten.

Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
atyclb said:
I dunno, but rear visibility sure seems like it would be a problem :eek:

Rear visibility wouldn't be an issue in terms of being street legal. You can pretty much paint your rear windows black as long as you have mirrors on both sides of the vehicle. Just look at all of those conversion vans with curtains in the rear windows...

The Chrome Orange looks nice, but not $1200 nice. If it was Lava Orange I'd be all over it. I would consider the Krypton Green because I like "different" but it has just a touch too much yellow in it so I'll probably end up with Ardent or Magnetic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts