The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Helping a fellow LOONY put ont he LETSLA kit and we notice that the plenum from the intercooler to the roof scoop is not all the way on. We looked at the clamps to lossen them but we have never seen clamps like these. How do you loosen these clamps?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Are you talking about those 2 oval shaped flexi clamps? If so, the same tool use to remove the intercooler pipes connected to the intercooler will remove them.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about those 2 oval shaped flexi clamps? If so, the same tool use to remove the intercooler pipes connected to the intercooler will remove them.
As far as I can see on this car the intercooler pipes are held on with regular clamps that come off with a phillips screwdriver or a small socket.

The large ones that hold on the duct work for the roof scoop appear to be drifferent to me.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
As far as I can see on this car the intercooler pipes are held on with regular clamps that come off with a phillips screwdriver or a small socket.

The large ones that hold on the duct work for the roof scoop appear to be drifferent to me.
Pics?

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry...car is not here anymore. It was a fellow LOONYs and we put on the LETSLA kit and he went home. Perhaps if he is reading this..he can post some. I dont know his Lotustalk name..

Ken?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Sorry...car is not here anymore. It was a fellow LOONYs and we put on the LETSLA kit and he went home. Perhaps if he is reading this..he can post some. I dont know his Lotustalk name..

Ken?
At least on my car they were just larger versions of the hose clamps that are used on the I/C tubing. I've replaced them all with Ideal/Tridon hose clamps, which IMHO are easier to remove/replace and keep everything firmly in place.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok. They're actually just 5mm allen keys. We must have been a bit delirious from the Letsla install in the 90 degree garage.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. They're actually just 5mm allen keys. We must have been a bit delirious from the Letsla install in the 90 degree garage.
How is the shifting? Yes...I must have been delirious....I did not see that at all...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Working great! Thanks Tony.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yeah, just as I thought. They're not some special fittings, unlike the interior torx screw for the roof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts