The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pic of the car that won overall last year, an Opel Astra DTM V8 driven by Opel Motorsport chief Volker Strycek. Volker is a very fast driver on the Nurburgring. I was passed by him in an OPEL ITC( anyone know what an ITC car is?) car back in the 1999 24 Hrs. of Nurburgring.
Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zvezdah1 said:
Isnt Lemans this weekend, can't believe they'd have two endurance races the same weekend?
CHris
Yep, both races are the same weekend this year. Yes this is very rare . I remember when I raced in the 24 Hrs of Nurburgring a few years ago, I was in the drivers meeting the Saturday morning of the race and sat next Christien Abt who had just driven in the 24 Hrs of Le Mans the past weekend in an Audi LMP car. It was very humbling sitting in that drivers meeting with some of the greatest European drivers in the world. I'll never forget it;)

Mitch

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just FYIF the sole Lotus in the 24 Hrs. of Nruburgring this weekend is in position 125. Not to bad considering there are over 200 cars in this race.

When I raced the BMW in 1999, 2000, and 2001 24 Hrs. there were typically over 200 cars in the race making the 24 Hrs. of Nurburgring the largest road race on earth!!!!!

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Speed Channel seems to be showing F1 qualifying (Canada) and 24 hours of LeMans almost exclusively, any idea if this will be on Speed Channel at some point???

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trifecta99 said:
Mitch

Thanks for the commentary. I was searching for a website this morning that might give somewhat realtime updates... alas
You could also check this site out as they post live updates every few minutes. I hope your German is good, cuase the site is all in German ;)

Just click on the LIVE button.

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are TWO Elises running, both private teams supported by Komo-Tec from Mendig.

The yellow #146 Motorsport Elise (no Exige), driven by Doug Newman, Julian Ley and Glenn Westwood-Price has got the Toyota engine (yes, the very same engine your cars will get) fitted. The car is said to have had two severe impacts during the evening and is running at pos. 201 right now, 73 laps behind with 32 laps completed and a total running time of 14:54:42 hrs.

The second car is #141 driven by Ralf Zensen, Christopher Peters and Hermann Backus. They do fairly well and are currently fighting at pos. 137, 34 laps behind with 71 completed laps and a total running time of 17:49:06.

Conditions are really hefty this year with occasionally heavy rainfalls, fog and so on. A lot of crashes, one driver reported "the Nordschleife resembles looking like a scrapyard".

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Stefan said:
There are TWO Elises running, both private teams supported by Komo-Tec from Mendig.

The yellow #146 Motorsport Elise (no Exige), driven by Doug Newman, Julian Ley and Glenn Westwood-Price has got the Toyota engine (yes, the very same engine your cars will get) fitted. The car is said to have had two severe impacts during the evening and is running at pos. 201 right now, 73 laps behind with 32 laps completed and a total running time of 14:54:42 hrs.

The second car is #141 driven by Ralf Zensen, Christopher Peters and Hermann Backus. They do fairly well and are currently fighting at pos. 137, 34 laps behind with 71 completed laps and a total running time of 17:49:06.

Conditions are really hefty this year with occasionally heavy rainfalls, fog and so on. A lot of crashes, one driver reported "the Nordschleife resembles looking like a scrapyard".

Thanks for that, I had no idea that was an S1 Elise since it looks more like an S1 Exige than an S1 Elise!!!

I guess the other car crashed out since it's not even listed as finishing looks like the #141 car finished 119th overall.

My buddy Willie Moore Finished 15th overall in his M3 GTR and a Factory BMW M3 GTR driven by Hans Stuck, Pedro Lamy and the Muller brothers won the event overall.
Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here a shot of one of the Elise's at the start. This is on the formation lap before the green flag. All the fans well over 100,000 of them all line up on the race track to greet the cars before the green flag. There's the yellow Elise in front of that wild Mini.

That Elise sure does look like and Exige:confused:

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Here a shot of one of the Elise's at the start. This is on the formation lap before the green flag. All the fans well over 100,000 of them all line up on the race track to greet the cars before the green flag. There's the yellow Elise in front of that wild Mini.

That Elise sure does look like and Exige:confused:

Mitch
it basically is an Exige, they just call it a Motorsport Elise for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I reckon some people need to do their homework before getting handed over their Elise keys :D ;) ;) Patricko is quite on the right approach.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts