The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting an Exige, only one problem... the interior.

I'm 6'4". Leg room and Head room an issue? Is anyone here 6 foot + that owns an elise/exige that can tell me how it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you use the search function you will find that this is a pretty common question. I think you will find some taller people do just fine.

There are also modifications to lower the seat via new rails... you should find that with the search, too.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
First of all, I shouldn't be responding at a mere 5'10" but...

Several owners are 6' +, and some are >6'4" and they report that they fit just fine.

One caveat, however, is that 6'4" and 180 lbs may be very different than 6'4" and 340 lbs...

You should try to sit in one and see how you fit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm 6'4". Leg room and Head room an issue?
I'm 6'5 and it fits perfectly. The head room is more than most cars I've been in. I have a friend that had a Cavalier and I would almost get knocked unconscious every time he hit a bump in the road. This car has the best seats I've ever been in, they are perfect for someone who is tall. If you are big and tall you might not feel the same way about the comfort level, as the car isn't terribly wide.

Is anyone here 6 foot + that owns an elise/exige that can tell me how it is?
AWESOME! :coolnana:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I am an intimidating 5'7" and I fit fine.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you use the search function you will find that this is a pretty common question. I think you will find some taller people do just fine.

There are also modifications to lower the seat via new rails... you should find that with the search, too.

Enjoy!
here's the one-stop shop:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=951124&postcount=12
from this thread a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53842

·
Registered
422 Posts
My friend Shane is around 6'9", 280lbs. He climbed in to the driver's seat of my Elise just for Sh!ts and giggles. It was hilarious, but he made it. I've got another friend about 6'5", 270, who fits in the passenger seat no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts