The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wrapped my scoops, canards and wing end plates red to match the front lip. I'm going to do the outside edge of the rear diffuser as well just go too late to take it off tonight.

A little about my car - while I do drive it to work every now and then it's basically a track-only car. Meaning I focus all my mods/etc on track duty and if it works for the street fine, if not also fine. I decided at the beginning of this season that I wanted it to look most at home/best at the track vs. street.

2012-09-09 19.07.46 (Small).jpg

2012-09-09 19.07.56 (Small).jpg

I know we've had some spirited debates on color schemes, etc. so while I'm not necessarily looking for criticism I always welcome the constructive type.

-Ross

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Isn't this the current Total Lotus F1 Team livery, not the JPS Livery of the classic Team Lotus cars

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Well, not my thing, but it is well executed and I really do respect all your sweet go fast / track mods!

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't this the current Total Lotus F1 Team livery, not the JPS Livery of the classic Team Lotus cars
Yes, you are actually exactly correct. The black/gold is old-school JPS but the addition of the red is a nod to the current team. I figured "Exige JPS Livery" was eaiser than "I based it on a mix of the old and new liverys" :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awesome! The aero stuff makes it look aggressive enough to pull this off. Could even pass as a factory special edition. Are you gonna keep the front splitter stock or go with a more aggressive one later? More front downforce might be nice given that you already have that wing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
O M G that looks awesome! I am not one for stuff like this but I'm a wee bit jealous :)

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! The aero stuff makes it look aggressive enough to pull this off. Could even pass as a factory special edition. Are you gonna keep the front splitter stock or go with a more aggressive one later? More front downforce might be nice given that you already have that wing.
Thanks and yes, I plan to go with a much larger splitter when I go through that one. Actually I have one more in storage and as I tend to go through about 2 a season I'll use them up and then go bigger. So far I want the APR with the support struts (love the look of those). I am a bit worried with a bigger/better one that it won't rip off as easy when I go off at the track (which I certainly will at some point).

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Ross, I think you have made one of the best looking Elise/Exiges on the forum. But there is one that's decidedly better, and that one is your car before you wrapped the scoops and canards. (Splitter, mirrors and end plates in red). I think now there is enough red that it competes with the gold, and there is not a definite theme. Before it was clearly a black/gold theme with just an accent of red.

I suggest you compare photos of the two versions side by side with the overall impression in mind. Don't get me wrong, both designs are real winners; I prefer the previous one for the reasons I mentioned.

The handling of the gold stripes and numbers is perfect.

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
wow! so beautiful! mad respect for getting everything done right and make it look so sick from a regular black exige!

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ross, I think you have made one of the best looking Elise/Exiges on the forum. But there is one that's decidedly better, and that one is your car before you wrapped the scoops and canards. (Splitter, mirrors and end plates in red). I think now there is enough red that it competes with the gold, and there is not a definite theme. Before it was clearly a black/gold theme with just an accent of red.

I suggest you compare photos of the two versions side by side with the overall impression in mind. Don't get me wrong, both designs are real winners; I prefer the previous one for the reasons I mentioned.

The handling of the gold stripes and numbers is perfect.
Interesting thoughts - right now I definitely like the addition of the red but that's because it's new to me. The main thing I haven't loved about the gold alone is it's actually a bit subtle when out on the track. From the paddock it just doesn't pop. You can see a bit of the gold but I wanted to do more red so it is a bit more visible. Hell I'll admit I considered doing the numbers in red too but figured that is too much.

One of the best things is it's all vinyl - so I can peel it off really easy if/when I agree with you.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have your Arabian twin Brother :D
You sure do - I'll admit that I saw your car before I did mine and it was the final straw that helped me decide to do it. Yours is definitely a bit more subtle than mine is :)

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
VERY NICE AND CLASSY keeping with traditional Lotus livery!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts