The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I do if the battery on my 07 Exige dies and I locked the doors with the key fob (same as CDL lock). I can't pop the back hatch without getting in the car, so I can't trip the inertia switch and I can't charge the battery. The manual locks do not pop the locks up, they just disengage the button so it can slide in and out. :confused:

I really hope I'm missing something. And btw: the secondary battery just allows my car to make a horrible shriek when I screw with it. It doesn't allow the fob to work.

FML. :mad:

Is this the main reason that Lotus went with BWR for the security system on the 08???

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha!

I was wondering if it had something to do with the "little dude trapped in the trunk" pull tab... The glow in the dark one in the trunk. I realized that the pull tab is past a foam gasket though, and to poke at it with a coat hanger would mean de-waterproofing my trunk. Thanks!

So I guess I can still laugh at the stuck-in-the-lotus-trunk switch, eh?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
As Charlie stated use the front post to apply power then use your remote.
The alarm back-up battery is just to power the siren in event of power failure.
The alarm on 2008's is a PFK.
Cheers,
Michael
I really hope I'm missing something. And btw: the secondary battery just allows my car to make a horrible shriek when I screw with it. It doesn't allow the fob to work.
Is this the main reason that Lotus went with BWR for the security system on the 08???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts