The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at evoras and they're very difficult to find in person. Does anyone have some up close pictures of exige orange paint? From the images online, I can't tell if there's any flake or pearl or if it's just a base and clear. Does it match the chrome orange color for exiges?

Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't have a great picture on me right now, but yesterday went to look at an Evora GT and the dealer had a newer Exige Orange and an older Chrome Orange (might be wrong on the exact color) of an older S1 Evora.

The Exige orange is far more red in person than orange when sitting next to a proper Chrome Orange car. I was disapointed actually, loved the chrome orange and thought the Exige orange would be similar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually want a more red orange. I'd love to get a bespoke color and get stryker orange from a viper if I could find a dealer willing to offer a lotus exclusive order. Was there any flake or metallic to the paint? If it's 3 stage vs base + clear, I'd probably be happy with it based on the pictures.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I actually want a more red orange. I'd love to get a bespoke color and get stryker orange from a viper if I could find a dealer willing to offer a lotus exclusive order. Was there any flake or metallic to the paint? If it's 3 stage vs base + clear, I'd probably be happy with it based on the pictures.
I can't say for sure, I honestly wasn't looking that closely. I would say it was a little metalitic but wouldn't say like "Burnt Orange" type of metallic. But if you like the red-orange then the Exige Orange would be right up your alley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts