The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is neat, but way to pricey.
This company makes Elise supercharger kits:

"RCTS Canada’s one of a kind Lotus Elise Supercharger Conversion. RCTS has close connections with TTE (Toyota Team Europe) and with help from TTE has built a one of a kind factory stock quality Supercharger kit for the Lotus Elise. The Compressor is the same one used on the TTE Corolla TS ZZE123. As RCTS Canada is a full HKS Japan Pro Dealer we are using the fantastic HKS Fcon Vpro v3.2.4 for engine control."

So you can have the performance of an Exige in your Elise - but the cost is $12,000 - which is the difference in price between and Exige S and the Elise.

So if you REALLY hate the speedback on an Exige and don't wants its better handling and larger spoiler (but you want to spend the same amount), you now have an alternative.

There are also some cool pics of a dismantled Elise.

http://web.mac.com/rctscanadainc/iWeb/Lotus_Elise_SC/Elise_SC_Development.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Why not just buy the Sector 111 kit or the BWR kit. I just had the Sector 111 kit put on my car and it will give me the same performance as the Exige S 240 and it is about 1/2 of the cost of this one you are talking about.

I agree that I like the looks of the Elise better than the Exige, which is why i chose to go this way, and it certainly was cheaper than tradiing my car in for an Exige.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Why not just buy the Sector 111 kit or the BWR kit. I just had the Sector 111 kit put on my car and it will give me the same performance as the Exige S 240 and it is about 1/2 of the cost of this one you are talking about.

I agree that I like the looks of the Elise better than the Exige, which is why i chose to go this way, and it certainly was cheaper than tradiing my car in for an Exige.
+1.
With both the Sector and Blackwatch kits out there, and plenty of positive experiences with both, I just don't see how this one really ends up even being an option. If I was going to spend that kind of money I would go with Forced Fed turbo.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
So if you REALLY hate the speedback on an Exige and don't wants its better handling...
[Can of worms] And what makes you believe that the heavier and higher COG Exige has better handling than the Elise? [/Can of worms]

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
This is neat, but way to pricey.
This company makes Elise supercharger kits:

"RCTS Canada’s one of a kind Lotus Elise Supercharger Conversion. RCTS has close connections with TTE (Toyota Team Europe) and with help from TTE has built a one of a kind factory stock quality Supercharger kit for the Lotus Elise. The Compressor is the same one used on the TTE Corolla TS ZZE123. As RCTS Canada is a full HKS Japan Pro Dealer we are using the fantastic HKS Fcon Vpro v3.2.4 for engine control."

So you can have the performance of an Exige in your Elise - but the cost is $12,000 - which is the difference in price between and Exige S and the Elise.

So if you REALLY hate the speedback on an Exige and don't wants its better handling and larger spoiler (but you want to spend the same amount), you now have an alternative.

There are also some cool pics of a dismantled Elise.

http://web.mac.com/rctscanadainc/iWeb/Lotus_Elise_SC/Elise_SC_Development.html

Their Dyno Graph looks pretty erratic when compared to Forcedfed and BWR Graphs(smooth and sweet). Lots of peaks and valleys and the torque curve looks strange for a supercharged car, not flat at all...:shrug:
Here is what Forcedfed initially came up with on my car using Exige 240 parts:
The final tune netted 268 hp at the wheels! I think I spent about the same amount of $$

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I dont know where in Canada you are, but if you are near Toronto, I can sell you the Sector 111 kits. I am selling them for LeBrun Motors. Dave is a very good friend of mine and we just put them on our Elises. He is a Sector 111 dealer. I would even meet you at the border with a prepay order. Then you just have to pay the duty and be on your way.

It was not a difficult install. We can also install them here in Western NY.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts