Registered
7,115 Posts
Dharma at VIR

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Exige

I love the Silver, that is first time I have seen one.

P.S. for informational propuse, Lotus told me yesterday that the Exige will only be offered in the S for 07, the standard 190 hp will no longer be available. :(

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Here's a few of my favorite shots..............." At Home " The Glen........

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Guys

There is a major issue with the Speedlines ie they tend to "cook" the rear wheel bearings, so you're better off using the original Rimstocks. It would appear that they don't allow heat to dissipate from the hubs, causing the grease to evaporate, & fry the bearings!

Gav Kershaw ditched the Speedlines in 2004 in the British GT Series, & both SeanB & RussT have experienced rear wheel failures (even with Motorsport hubs/large bearings) this season in the Mid Engined Sportscar Series.

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Pesky said:
Guys

There is a major issue with the Speedlines ie they tend to "cook" the rear wheel bearings, so you're better off using the original Rimstocks. It would appear that they don't allow heat to dissipate from the hubs, causing the grease to evaporate, & fry the bearings!

Gav Kershaw ditched the Speedlines in 2004 in the British GT Series, & both SeanB & RussT have experienced rear wheel failures (even with Motorsport hubs/large bearings) this season in the Mid Engined Sportscar Series.

Rubbish...........I went through wheel bearings with the Rimstocks as well as the Speedlines!!! I just replace them every season before I run the car!!! That has not been an issue with any of the SII's. You can't even mention the GT3 cars in the same breath as a production car as they don't share much. I think Gavin's driving abilty is a bit higher than most drivers here and he might push the GT3 a bit harder. Given he is also driving a car with 320HP!!!! It's just not the same........... Here's a shot of Gavin with the GT3 car he raced this Summer...........

Attachments

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
KingOfJericho said:
Mark,

Is yours a Motorsport S1? Saw the speedlines...

No..............It's a Series I but I installed the Speedlines. They are lighter and turn in feels MUCH better with the lighter wheels.............Saving weight on unsprung items is huge............

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
The rear spoiler is also a giveaway..............Motorsport cars have adjustable carbon fiber rear spoilers ( not that they can't be added ).........

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mark

Sorry, but it is not rubbish!

If you care to re-read my post, you will see that I specifically mention Gav's 2004 (S1) Car - not the GT3 S2 Lotus Cadena car of 2006, to which you refer.

Also, for your information, the GT3 S2 cars use wheels specifically made for the Lotus Cadena cars.

Below is a picture of Gav's 2004 car, which early on in the season used Speedlines, but changed to Rimstocks because of the wheel bearing problem, which cost them race finishes. As stated earlier, Sean & Russ have also suffered from the problem this season, & to further emphasise the point, the Plans Motorsport prepared S1 cars in the Mid Engined Series, no longer use Speedlines because they too had cooked bearings.

I am happy to concede that it is probably only in race conditions, that the problem arises, but none the less, the point is valid. I posted my original comment because you run an S1, & thought it would be useful information.

·
Registered
357 Posts
jamie said:
I took these pics earlier this summer

And one of my car on track

JAMIE, CAN WE GET ACCESS TO THESE IN HIGH RES??!?!?!?!
I KNOW A LOT OF US WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THEM! NICE BACKGROUNDS!
:bow:

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Hey Pesky,
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the S2 cars. In any event, I know that it is an issue as I have been running the car for several years and have gone through a ton of bearings. I have also broken the studs that hold the uprights. That wasn't much fun!!!! The Motorsport cars were designed to be a bit more durable because of what they were built to do. The Series I Exige was supposed to be a street car but was used over this side as a race or HPD car only. I appreciate your concern and informative intentions!!!!

Regards,

Pesky said:
Mark

Sorry, but it is not rubbish!

If you care to re-read my post, you will see that I specifically mention Gav's 2004 (S1) Car - not the GT3 S2 Lotus Cadena car of 2006, to which you refer.

Also, for your information, the GT3 S2 cars use wheels specifically made for the Lotus Cadena cars.

Below is a picture of Gav's 2004 car, which early on in the season used Speedlines, but changed to Rimstocks because of the wheel bearing problem, which cost them race finishes. As stated earlier, Sean & Russ have also suffered from the problem this season, & to further emphasise the point, the Plans Motorsport prepared S1 cars in the Mid Engined Series, no longer use Speedlines because they too had cooked bearings.

I am happy to concede that it is probably only in race conditions, that the problem arises, but none the less, the point is valid. I posted my original comment because you run an S1, & thought it would be useful information.

·
Registered
116 Posts
No probs Mark.

We're all here to help one another if we are able to, & don't worry, I often get confused at my age!!! ;)

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Pesky said:
No probs Mark.

We're all here to help one another if we are able to, & don't worry, I often get confused at my age!!! ;)
At YOUR age.....................I'll bet I have you beat!!! How old am I again??? See............I'm forgetting!!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Mark

That's why you needed to add the big brakes, MS uprights, etc! Then you wouldn't break things all the time.

Couple of shots of my car.....

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
That car looks so familar!!!!

41 - 60 of 3111 Posts