The Lotus Cars Community banner

1141 - 1160 of 3052 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
A couple from the GGLC autocross this weekend. That's... not the way the tires should be cambered. :wallbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Take 2: ReVerie 5 Element Diffuser, S111 V3 Eliminator, LPL Raptor Muffler

Andy, did you get the smaller eliminator panel for the 5 element? Looks like you have the standard one. The exit of the diffuser sits lower than i've seen. (the naked rear opening is the usual size. With the 5 element it's smaller.)
I tweaked the Sector111 panel eliminator so that it moves the diffuser exit upward, and realigned the muffler so it's a bit more centered in the gap...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
very nice!

how did you realign the muffler?
Thanks! I like the Sector111 eliminator better than the ReVerie pieces because 1) it doesn't use the license plate a structural member, so it's easier to change from my street plate to my race (number) plate (especially when the exhaust is still hot), 2) it's attached to the clam in two places instead of one, and to the diffuser in three places instead of one, and 3) the plate is not obscured by the diffuser (which I could actually imagine getting hassled over).

I just loosened the clamp and gave it a good twist... retightened the clamp and then heat cycled it... the hangers seem to have "taken a set" in the new position.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Thanks! I like the Sector111 eliminator better than the ReVerie pieces because 1) it doesn't use the license plate a structural member, so it's easier to change from my street plate to my race (number) plate (especially when the exhaust is still hot), 2) it's attached to the clam in two places instead of one, and to the diffuser in three places instead of one, and 3) the plate is not obscured by the diffuser (which I could actually imagine getting hassled over).

I just loosened the clamp and gave it a good twist... retightened the clamp and then heat cycled it... the hangers seem to have "taken a set" in the new position.
I tried that, but mine vibrated it's way back up and that's why I had new hangers welded on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here are some photos taken by two of my friends. They are into photography. These were taken near the Benica bridge at around 2am. On the way home my radiator failed. Coolant lost all over windshield, temp shot up to 240F for a minute.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Where do you find this wheel for the Exige??
It has been discontinued for several years, however it was a factory option for Rover-powered Lotus cars in Europe (mk1 Exige & 340R). They'll have different geometry than your US car.

There were many Superleggera wheels since then that are similar as well as the current Ultraleggera, but used F1 Cups are tough to find in any size.

1141 - 1160 of 3052 Posts