The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago...... people asking 37, getting 32.

1 year ago....... people asking 39, getting 34.

Currently.........people asking 45, getting 36 (my selling price)

this is for 07's but S240's are still the same (low 40's) and S260's are low 50's...

so somehow the exige 07 is going up but 08/09/10/11 are all staying exactly the same?

kinda crazy if you ask me.... these asking prices are getting out of control.

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Not any different for the Elise , same scale....

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Lack of pre-own cars are keeping prices up.

·
He's on fire!
3,261 Posts
2 years ago...... people asking 37, getting 32.

1 year ago....... people asking 39, getting 34.

Currently.........people asking 45, getting 36 (my selling price)

this is for 07's but S240's are still the same (low 40's) and S260's are low 50's...

so somehow the exige 07 is going up but 08/09/10/11 are all staying exactly the same?

kinda crazy if you ask me.... these asking prices are getting out of control.
I bought mine 2 years ago and I have different observations. Two years ago (may 10) the average asking price for an 07 was 44k across all 07 exige on autotrader and cars.com, and I didn't find any sellers willing to let one go for less than 40k in 9 months of searching. There DID seem that a few went for crazy low prices on the forums in late 2010/early 2011, but after that things stabilzed.

Two years ago you could find a dozen 07 exige on the market at any given point in time. Today on autotrader ,there are 4. Supply go down, price go up! (I consider the price staying the same on a depreciating asset "up")

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have the latest Sport 260's which have been for sale (along with some in other markets) on the Comprehensive Exige 260 Registry and the recent sales are not in the low 50's but rather high 50's (for higher mileage examples) into mid 60's. A few (high priced) recent sales (which were for unique cars) are throwing off the average but are suggesting the trend is going up.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
:shrug: On the for sale forum:

'07 - 42
'06 - 32.9
'06 - 39
'07 - 37
'06 - 35
'07 - 35
'08 - 54
'06 - 31
'07 - 40

Left off car from Dubai, and cars that were definitelty sold. I think '08 is a 240?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I dont think too many clean 07s went for 32 k but i agree prices have taken a wierd upward path

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
978 Posts
Looks like I made a good investment. rotfl

·
Registered
553 Posts
:) going to keep my lotus for a loooong time

·
Registered
708 Posts
Buyers can't just go to a Lotus dealer now and order up a new one. Limited supply.....

When I bought my Elise a year ago, I was debating between the elise and a number of Exiges locally (New England). Several Exiges were asking $35k. I bought my Elise for not much less because it had a well known history.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:shrug: On the for sale forum:

'07 - 42
'06 - 32.9
'06 - 39
'07 - 37
'06 - 35
'07 - 35
'08 - 54
'06 - 31
'07 - 40

Left off car from Dubai, and cars that were definitelty sold. I think '08 is a 240?
but selling price is always diff than asking.. be interesting to see actual selling but nobody would ever tell that... besides me on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
To get data:
Log onto E-bay.
Select all of the cars you are interested in and select "watch".
A month (or so) later, go through your watched list for items no longer available.
Look at the sold price on the cars.
Note:
Some cars get their listing removed (sold locally, sold under the table without being reported to E-Bay). Not all of your watched cars will show as sold, but you will get a good enough data base of sold cars to formulate a general view.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
To get data:
Log onto E-bay.
Select all of the cars you are interested in and select "watch".
A month (or so) later, go through your watched list for items no longer available.
Look at the sold price on the cars.
Note:
Some cars get their listing removed (sold locally, sold under the table without being reported to E-Bay). Not all of your watched cars will show as sold, but you will get a good enough data base of sold cars to formulate a general view.
It's easier to just do an advanced search and look at final selling price for the past x months. You can also filter by only looking at cars that actually sold (met reserve) so you don't keep seeing the same overpriced car over and over.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I bought mine 2 years ago and I have different observations. Two years ago (may 10) the average asking price for an 07 was 44k across all 07 exige on autotrader and cars.com, and I didn't find any sellers willing to let one go for less than 40k in 9 months of searching. There DID seem that a few went for crazy low prices on the forums in late 2010/early 2011, but after that things stabilzed.

Two years ago you could find a dozen 07 exige on the market at any given point in time. Today on autotrader ,there are 4. Supply go down, price go up! (I consider the price staying the same on a depreciating asset "up")
Jeff, I thought you sold your car to FVMC.

Was driving past there yesterday (had to do the 'drive around while baby sleeps' thing) and pulled in to lot. Chatted with Joe and they just bought (from a 3rd party) a great '07 Chrome Orange Exige - thought it was yours! Looks very nice. I'm sure TJ will look it over tomorrow.

So, if people are looking - FVMC has a nice Chrome Orange Exige for ya!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts