The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Probax seats on my 07 Exige have sealed/corrected grain leather (like what you find in most cars) or is it unsealed aniline/semi aniline leather (like what you find in super high end British cars, old cars, and expensive furniture)?

I'm trying to find the right leather cleaner for the job. Most leather cleaners on the market today are made to clean sealed leather. That is, it is mostly just a cleaner formulated to deal with dirt and debris stuck to the clear sealant sprayed to the top leather surface.

If the leather is aniline or semi aniline, the leather needs Hyde food type product that will actually 'feed' oils and protectants to the leather skin itself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you wrote is not an answer to my question. You are just being rude. This is not honda-acura.net.

Also, I checked the manual before posting here. The manual does not answer my question about the type of leather. I was hoping someone knew so I don't have to test the leather.

Reactions: jlj3394

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm pretty sure the manual say's only to wipe down with a damp cloth and not to use any products.

Please post if you find something different.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My answer wasn't rude-- just read the manual:
From page 99:
Leather Trim: The leather should be wiped over occasionally with a cloth dampened in warm soapy water. Use a mild, non-caustic toilet soap or soap flakes. Repeat the operation using a fresh cloth and water only, but avoid flooding the leather. Finish by drying and polishing with a soft dry cloth. The manufacturers of the leather do not recommend the use of any hide 'food', and prohibit the use of petrol or detergents, furniture creams and polishes.
NOTICE: Lotus cars are upholstered with premium quality leather specifically tanned and dyed for automotive use. As a natural material, leather ages in various ways and may, over time, exhibit signs of cracking, scuffing, shrinking, etc. Such wear is not an indication of a defect, but rather the natural maturing of the leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts