The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my 07 Exige S out of the garage, started it up and it was idling at about 3k. Start down the road and the check engine light came on and the car would not go above 40 MPH uphill. :( I drove it for a few miles at low speed, turned it off and back on, then it ran fine but the engine light is still on.

For the past few weeks it has been idling very high when it is not warmed up, usually 2k-3k. The weird part about it is that if it is idling it 3k, I push lightly on the gas pedal and the RPMs go Down!

I am still under warranty but getting to a dealership is a huge PITA for me.

Anyone have any suggestions, insights, or ideas?

·
Registered
9,364 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx,
I do not have a code reader and I am 120 Miles from the closest dealer, I was just hoping someone knew of a similar experience and an easy fix so I don't waste a day for nothing.

My buddy has a code reader and has the European software kit, but Lotus isn't on it.

I took the car out today and it acted exactly the same.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
thx,
I do not have a code reader and I am 120 Miles from the closest dealer, I was just hoping someone knew of a similar experience and an easy fix so I don't waste a day for nothing.

My buddy has a code reader and has the European software kit, but Lotus isn't on it.

I took the car out today and it acted exactly the same.
Use the general OBD-II interface on the code reader (it's usually the default)... you don't need an OEM specific module/software to access the codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.