1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
First.... -eek-
then.....:panic:-
then.....:clap:

Those crazy French!!

I'm not going to worry about scraping my clam anymore!

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Very cool. Anyone know who the band is playing the soundtrack?

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S. These crazy cats are also certified RLS installers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seems like the wrong tool for the job, the body panels must be in shreds. But it does look like fun. :D
Wrong tool for the job? Well perhaps but that may depend on what the program's goals are. If they are trying for an outright win probably not the best choice, even on tarmac. But perhaps the car is suited for a class win. Maybe they just like the Exige and want to explore what can be done with the car or perhaps some other party is funding things to get some exposure for the car or whatever is written on the side of it. It certainly has us talking about it. I suspect a team's vehicle choice is not always based on which is the best tool for the job otherwise everyone would be driving an EVO.

Incidentally, I noticed they were running what appear to be Team Dynamics wheels. Good job chaps.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Wrong tool for the job? Well perhaps but that may depend on what the program's goals are. If they are trying for an outright win probably not the best choice, even on tarmac. But perhaps the car is suited for a class win. Maybe they just like the Exige and want to explore what can be done with the car or perhaps some other party is funding things to get some exposure for the car or whatever is written on the side of it. It certainly has us talking about it. I suspect a team's vehicle choice is not always based on which is the best tool for the job otherwise everyone would be driving an EVO.

Incidentally, I noticed they were running what appear to be Team Dynamics wheels. Good job chaps.
Doesn't change that it is pretty much the wrong tool for the job. The bodywork is too fragile, the chassis, if slightly damaged, totals the car. Suspension is not great on really bumpy roads, nor does it have enough travel for jumps. Difficult to get into and out of (important when there is the addition of a cage and no corner workers to help you get out of the car in a crash) No place for a spare wheel or tools, and where does the driver and co-driver put their helmets during the transits?
It can be done, but there is a reason (besides homologation) why you don't see a lot of sports cars in Rally anymore

And everyone in Rally more or less does drive an Evo, or a WRX :shrug:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some don't want to be like everyone else. Reminds me of that song from King Missile: rotfl

I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
I want to be just like all the different people
I have no further interest in being the same,
because I have seen difference all around,
and now I know that that's what I want
I don't want to blend in and be indistinguishable,
I want to be a part of the different crowd,
and assert my individuality along with the others
who are different like me
I don't want to be identical to anyone or anything
I don't even want to be identical to myself
I want to look in the mirror and wonder,
"who is that person? I've never seen that person before;
I've never seen anyone like that before."
I want to call into question thevery idea that
identity can be attached
I want a floating, shifting, ever changing persona:
Invisibility and obscurity,
detachment from the ego and all of it's pursuits.
Unity is useless
Comformity is competitive and divisive and leads only to
stagnation and death.
If what I'm saying doesn't make any sense,
that's because sense can not be made
It's something that must be sensed
And I, for one, am incensed by all this complacency
Why oppose war only when there's a war?
Why defend the clinics only when they're attacked?
Why are we always reactive?
Let's activate something
Let's **** **** up
Whatever happened to revolution for the hell of it?
Whatever happened to protesting nothing in particular, just
protesting cause it's Saturday and there's nothing else to do?​

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Some don't want to be like everyone else. Reminds me of that song from King Missile: rotfl

Sure, if you just like wasting your time and money in order to be different :shrug:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Except for the champions, who drive Citroens. Who'd have thought?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Except for the champions, who drive Citroens. Who'd have thought?

Citroens that are not available to anyone else, and are so modified that they are not even close to the road car. Rally is much bigger than just the WRC ;)

I wasn't referring to factory sponsored rally cars that are converted to AWD. At lower than WRC level, the most common and competitive cars are the Evo and WRX

1 - 18 of 18 Posts