The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Was the car in motion? That's the downforce effect. :)

Seriously, are you referring to the lid and the wing? If so, I don't recall it being that heavy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you gonna install Exige hatch on to your Elise Mike?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
There's a good deal more fiberglass (two-piece construction with a frame), the material is thicker, there's a plastic shroud over the trunk area, the wing, and the entire hatch is larger.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a good deal more fiberglass (two-piece construction with a frame), the material is thicker, there's a plastic shroud over the trunk area, the wing, and the entire hatch is larger.

Just seems really heavy for something that Lotus produced :shrug: We need CF.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
It was removed off the car at my mechanic's shop and it was really heavy to lift; so heavy that I didn't even want to lift it fully for fear I'd drop it and break it.
Put down your murse and try using both hands.
rotfl

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
50 lbs??? No way! The roof on the S is 23 lbs, and the rear hatch feels much lighter than that to me.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
That's to help with the rear downforce !!rotfl

·
Registered
547 Posts
rotflrotflrotfl

you really set them up for that one mike

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just seems really heavy for something that Lotus produced :shrug: We need CF.
if people are willing to pay?

been doing aftermarket CF parts for other cars, seems like a lot of people on the internet ask for parts and it comes out you can here crickets

its OK the exige has 30 more HP and its still faster than an Elise LOL

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
it's got good weight to it. Someone should make a CF one. I'd buy it. It be a pain in the ass, I'm guessing, to transfer the chicken wire.

·
Registered
255 Posts
it's got good weight to it. Someone should make a CF one. I'd buy it. It be a pain in the ass, I'm guessing, to transfer the chicken wire.
The hatch is available in CF. When I carried it I guess it would have weighed 10-15 lbs with the attached rear wing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts