The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KOMO-http://www.hangar111.com/ckextras/Exige_280S_Perf_Tuner_Feb_08_screen.pdfTEC REVIEW FROM PERFORMANCE TUNER 280S

Please note moderators that i have specifically gained the permisson of the editor and copyright owner of this article and he knows i am posting it here . You can contact Matt Robinson at performance tuner if you have any doubts
As long as i put a small plug in for the mag PERFORMANCE TUNER - though dont think i really need to as its one of the few last good mags left out there!

I have done 10,000 road miles since the conversion, had th first service a while back and absolutely no problems to speak of - hardly used any oil, is fitted with a moroso oil pan as well as the extra performance could fuel oil starvation otherwise- i feel the pan is a sensible option.

The fuel comsupmtion has actually got even better which surprised me ! And the car drives so much like a factory car it is easy forget that it is tuned apart from the massive pace.

For those of you worried about warranty problems , i have had the car in for the shocks to be changed, gearbox problems and all sorts of niggles and even though they are fully aware of the conversion have been totally supportive and all work as been carried out without even issue.

Im sure if there was problems due to the install that would be another matter- but as the boost remains the same and t engine is just running more efficiently this is not going to happen.

The local lotus dealer even swapped the ecu for the komo-tec version 2 ecu for me when the car was in!

Anyway feel free to U2U me if you want more info on the kit or looking for a demo.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Oooooooh, me likey! :drool:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Where can we americans buy?

This sounds better than the $5k pulley upgrade from FF:D

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
nice! it's says 278hp in one place and 291hp in another. Why did they quote both. I guess the kit is 278, but your car is 291? what did you change to make it more powerful.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The performance numbers seem quite off.

Lotuscars.com specify the Exige S (218 bhp) can do 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds and weighs 2077 lbs.

The komo-tech 290 kit says the best they could do is 4.06 seconds with the car weighing 2046 lbs.

I know these cars are NOT about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times but still, what gives? What am I missing...or is it the driver?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The performance numbers seem quite off.

Lotuscars.com specify the Exige S (218 bhp) can do 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds and weighs 2077 lbs.

The komo-tech 290 kit says the best they could do is 4.06 seconds with the car weighing 2046 lbs.

I know these cars are NOT about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times but still, what gives? What am I missing...or is it the driver?
I believe the discrepancy is likely due to the fact that the OPer wasn't thrashing his clutch, which is probably necessary to get the 4.1 seconds specified by lotuscars.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was me doing the testing and was worried about the clutch

The car has been tested in germany with V-box and has done a 3.8

Still a dead on 12 sec quarter is very quick and 30-70 3.4 same as /better than some serious supercars

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
re: intercooler kit?

Can anyone tell me if they sell the 280 Intercooler kit by itself? If so - where can I buy it and anyone have pricing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts