The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an exige s in 2 years as a daily in south florida.

I currently drive a z4 3.0 with 18" wheels and sports suspension. The ride is pretty hard, so I won't be complaining with the lotus.

I'm not worried about rear view, as I'd install a camera on the exige

I'm worried about the loudness of the car. I HATE resonating exhaust most of all.

Anyone here daily drive the exige S? Is it THAT annoying to be in?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I'm considering buying an exige s in 2 years as a daily in south florida.

I currently drive a z4 3.0 with 18" wheels and sports suspension. The ride is pretty hard, so I won't be complaining with the lotus.

I'm not worried about rear view, as I'd install a camera on the exige

I'm worried about the loudness of the car. I HATE resonating exhaust most of all.

Anyone here daily drive the exige S? Is it THAT annoying to be in?
Now that I own an Exige S, everything else is annoying to be in.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
A dozen eggs in Tibet costs Rs 10 .

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I'm talking about the exige S in particular
OMG I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry! :wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:You are absolutely right, mate, the threads I linked to has no relevance to driving an Exige S.

You are right Exige S is a true baller car and SO different than the Elise/Exige, that I can't comment.

I will let the expert Exige S owners, like Cory1000, comment.:bow::bow:

·
Registered
459 Posts
rotfl That's correct Loanshark...you wannabe Exige S owner you.

This topic has been beaten to death...much like every BMW board I was on was blasted by the "BMW Drivers get more sex" study, and the Jet powered VW Beetle over on VWVortex. I award this thread with a picture.

This all being said roffle waffle, you're not the first to kick the hornets nest, so I award you with a picture too.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I see a Tesla in your future...It is much quieter....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
OP. Instead of pissing off the crowd... Go test drive one. Or search. Or read the rules.. But dont make threads until you do at least one of those..

·
Registered
216 Posts
LOL this is hilarious.
I will leave flaming to others but I can tell you that Z4's ride quality and lotus's ride quality is in different league where Z4's harsh ride can be thought as lexus like smooth ride after riding in lotus. And now you replace your z4's runflat to regular, then it's like driving on the cream compare to lotus.
And plus exhaust in lotus is HELLA annoying if you don't like that type of sound and now you add supercharger noise on top of that for your EXIGE S.
Oh did I mention getting in and out of lotus is 100 times harder than from z4?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The Elise is not a car. It is toy. Some of us really like toys and tend to drive them a lot. Even when driven every day, it is not a real car and definitely not a daily driver. It is a daily driven toy. Do not expect car like features and creature comforts. Expect toy like features that make you smile but don't help when you need a real car.

I should also add that when used at the track it is transformed from a toy to a tool. A very useful tool at that. :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
LOL this is hilarious.
I will leave flaming to others but I can tell you that Z4's ride quality and lotus's ride quality is in different league where Z4's harsh ride can be thought as lexus like smooth ride after riding in lotus. And now you replace your z4's runflat to regular, then it's like driving on the cream compare to lotus.
And plus exhaust in lotus is HELLA annoying if you don't like that type of sound and now you add supercharger noise on top of that for your EXIGE S.
Oh did I mention getting in and out of lotus is 100 times harder than from z4?
Well, the Exige S, is quieter than the standard Elise.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts